Really impressed. so lovely.
makeup_mirror
September 14, 2013 in Photo Questions
I've a craftman style home.. exterior is cedar shingles (natural) and white trim. The back of my "U" shaped single level home is wonderful, compete with a pool ( always used). My rose garden is off to one corner graded for three levels. With my theme of white / coral (just joey) roses, black bark and lots of grass..it's wonderful. Do your cast leaves ever work as an exterior wall enhancement. I've a very "bare cedar wall exterior..and saw this assortment of "artful" leaves". Have you mounted them on exterior walls? and what are their dimensions?
thanks...most lovely. Congrats....cause I'm a hard one to please. Ha ha..we all to to some degree. BTW, I live north of the GG Bridge, in Tiburon. Ever get to the bay area?
bye for now, jean ann
Sheri
Hi Jean Ann! Thanks so much for the complement on my little art hobby. I appreciate it very much! My real job is a gardener/garden designer. Im getting into more art and photography. Your home in the Bay Area sounds lovely! I haven't been up there in quite a few years. We had a sort of craftsman style home in So Cal many years ago. It was craftsman style downstairs then the upstairs was added in the 50's. ( and not done very well, come to find out years later!) My mother and father in law had a home in Pasadena that sounds like yours but they didn't have the garden space that you have. We have since moved to North Carolina and love it.
I have just started making the castings of leaves. The one shown is my very first! I think it turned out pretty well. I'm pleased with it. It's is approx 20" long and maybe 12" wide. Pretty heavy also. I like them sitting on the ground with ground cover growing around them. Sort of "grounding" them. I am going to make some on the smaller side for wall hangings. You know what I think might be pretty.....a grouping of them gathered at the top of a wall then scattering them down the wall like they were falling in autumn. Maybe sycamore leaves as they are a bit bigger than maple. I better gather some a get going on it! Autumn is very close and the leaves are already falling. I am also planning on casting some Tea cup leaves. They are a type of elephant ear only cupped shaped. A grouping of three of them held up with rebar, would gather water when it rains. I think it would make a lovely art piece for the garden surrounded by other plants.
I love people that are hard to please as I am one myself! Very picky! Can I send you a few photos of the pieces I make in the coming weeks and get your opinion on them?
Thanks again,
Willow
September 15, 2013 at 10:46am   
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...
Need help: revamp of quad area between security gate and front door.
Hi. I need help to revamp my quad area. (Photo taken...
Need ideas for entry way!
This is a corner window by the front door. This area...
Need help on whether to move front door or not!
HI, We are currently trying to design a remodel of...
Help- studio floorplan help needed
Hi fellow Houzers! I need help choosing a floor plan....