decoupage nursery walls safe?
ninjabetic
to avoid having to mural-paint it, i want to decoupage a poster cut-out of a large lion onto my daughter's (being born Dec) nursery wall-- but i'm afraid that she may at some point try to lick, eat etc the area and wonder how safe it is? also when she grows older, and we want to repaint the room, how easy would it be to get rid of the thing? thanks!
ninjabetic
Pic
September 15, 2013 at 2:15PM   
Anne
What material will you be using to attach it to the walls? How big is it? Your ability to remove it later depends on how you attach it now. Why not just frame it and hang it as art instead of glueing it to the wall?
September 15, 2013 at 2:22PM     
ninjabetic
I'm not sure what to use. Suggestions please? It will likely be 2-3 ft by 3-4 ft
September 16, 2013 at 8:23AM   
PH Interiors, LLC
I agree with Anne. You could easily mount it on a piece of luan (thin wood), hang it on the wall and paint a frame of color around it.
September 16, 2013 at 9:32AM   
ninjabetic
Thanks but I want to put this decoupage right above the crib, as if the lion Is peeking into the crib. I don't want to hang any pictures on walls in the nursery. Would like decoupage medium suggestions/safety info thus.
September 16, 2013 at 10:16AM   
PH Interiors, LLC
I understand your concern. You could screw the mounted picture right into wall studs or use anchors to plant the screws firmly into the wall. That eliminates any possibility of it coming off the wall. Don't know enough about decoupage medium safety to advise you. Sorry.
September 16, 2013 at 10:38AM      Thanked by ninjabetic
Small space, boys bedroom
Best bed and bureau placement (twin)? We are planning...
Input on foyer and dining light fixtures
Hello Everyone, Been living in my home for 10 years...
What can be done with window
Only window in room. How can I decorate the only window...
freestanding tubs
Planning stages of bathroom remodel....we only have...