What do you suggest that every kitchen must have?
kellerj
September 15, 2013 in Other
I'm currently working on my kitchen layout for our new home. What features do you suggest every kitchen needs?
Walk-in pantry and a prep sink would be a bonus.
September 15, 2013 at 6:50pm     
dooders1981
Two chef work areas. Two sinks that are large enough to prep. One sink must be double bowl. Disposals a must in my opinion. Pull put shelves in all lower cabinets. Lots of frig space. Pantry. Have a blast designing it!
September 15, 2013 at 7:03pm     
zmhome
An under mount sink so you can slide everything off the countertop right down the drain to the disposal! Also, and variety of lighting! I like the idea of a prep sink, but I think that depends on what type of cooking you enjoy.
September 15, 2013 at 9:44pm     
thedarlingsbecca
Window over sink; bay window by table and chairs; double sink; as many pull out drawers or shelves as possible. Easy to clean floor (my easiest has been wooden).
September 15, 2013 at 9:55pm     
Under mount sink and a dishwasher! A chef would be nice....
September 16, 2013 at 3:39am     
nasmijati
Garbage disposal. Window above the sink. Dishwasher.
September 16, 2013 at 8:16am     
mcfriday
where do i start soft close doors but mostly drawers,floor to ceiling pantry doors with drawers inside so you just pull the drawer that you need only .Not the system where you have to pull the whole pantry floor to ceiling , intergrated dishwasher , i have a 900mm deep fridge twin doors did not want it to stick out so built it into wall looks great and streamlined .Make sure enough room to install fridge if having breakfast bar you dont know how many people get in a pickle, also to get it through the front door .hide microwave with lift up door dont forget to put power point in there !!! one of my personal pet hates is cupboards that are all different sizes try to keep them uniform in size it looks so much better ,even better on shaker style . draw your ideas up dont make to crowded above stove intergrate rangehood if having over heads dont squeeze rangehood then cupboards butt up against looks croweded also if you can get a rangehood that motor is on roof it is great and so much quieter last but not least i have jarrah benches so wanted large sink with a drainer on each side which is undermounted CLARKS sell this very modern looking sorry one more thing make a board of the things you like and try and stick to it lots of people where not sure about my tile choices ,doors or having my kickers jarrah like my floor but the can not always see the big picture they all ate their words !!!
March 13, 2014 at 6:39am     
Lots of room, as that is where everybody gathers;)
March 13, 2014 at 6:57am     
hayleydaniels
Old post.......
March 13, 2014 at 9:29am   
Susan Yeley Interiors
Agree with a variety of lighting. Also pull-out trash and recycling, and make sure the dishwasher doesn't open into a corner or the refrigerator door into a wall. Good luck!
March 13, 2014 at 10:45am     
helixg1
All drawers in lower cabinets, except under sink.
March 17, 2014 at 5:33pm     
Wall colour to compliment tile?
We have chosen these beautiful Moroccan cement tiles...
NEW HOME.....BLANK SLATE!
We recently moved in and am ready to decorate! I have...
How to maintain a cedar deck
Problem with the deck boards turning gray
Exterior Stone and Brick Colors!
We are in need of some great brick and stone combos...
Too much red in this room - what type/color chair would you add?
I am sick of the goose neck chairs and the corner chair....