Need help for my garden
Homescapes Europa Ltd
Hi! I am about to shift into this new house and would like to redo the garden space. Looking forward to your ideas please.
fianou
I would put some large beds in the break up the lawn. Its a nice garden, you just need less lawn. Start fairly formal and traditional near the house. But away from the house I would go for a natural garden style. So as you move away from the house it blends to a less formal more natural setting. Natural gardens are inspired by the natural environment and often feature large trees, large ornamental grasses, boulders, and masses of wildflowers. So inspired by prairies and woodlands and the like. I suggest this style as with a such a large garden it will be very difficult to maintain if the whole garden is really formal. I think it will suit the house style well. I would choose a few large ornamental trees and plant them in the lawn and make garden beds around them.
You could create a large water feature, like a little stream weaving across the lawn, that would look nice I think.
Another suggestion would be to plant out a little forest of silver birches. in a swathe across the lawn. They are fairly fast growing and thin, and let light through in winter and have dappled shade in summer. Then plant bulbs in drifts through the lawn and enjoy the surprise when they pop up in spring. Large plantings of bulbs would be great, they have such dramatic colour, but are really easy maintenance. You just get to enjoy them year after year. Online nurseries often sell bulk buys of over 100 bulbs really cheap. they need an extra year before full flowering but its well worth the saving!
Good luck!
September 16, 2013 at 4:01am     
Homescapes Europa Ltd
Thanks a lot for your valuable comments. Your thoughts are quite inspiring.
September 16, 2013 at 9:43pm     
Matilda Bos Design Studio
Hi....I love your home, is this the backyard???
September 16, 2013 at 9:51pm   
Homescapes Europa Ltd
Thanks! Yes it is the backyard.
September 17, 2013 at 9:10pm   
RosemaryR
What a beautiful backyard, keep in mind how you plan to use it, will kids need play, sport space, will you entertain large or small groups, what do you envision, what do you wish to accomplish, do you want a water feature, what about lighting, etc., whatever you decide, enjoy this glorious yard. I suggest you live in the house for a full year to view it through the different seasons, watch how the sunlight falls, the shade, make notes, start an idea book, then go to work on your vision.
September 17, 2013 at 9:24pm     
OnePlan
That end gable is crying out for a glass veranda similar to this maybe , to have an outdoor sitting and eating area ? Extending the patio out a little further ?! It's such a lovely garden ! I don't usually design gardens !! So will step back at this point ! Best of luck with it all ! :-)
September 17, 2013 at 9:55pm     
Matilda Bos Design Studio
Hi.....I would suggest having an arbor and expanding the back porch and stairs down to the wonderful lawn
area. Since I don't know where your home is, what about a lap pool??? The attached image is for the arbor.
September 17, 2013 at 10:10pm     
Homescapes Europa Ltd
Hey Thanks! Great ideas!
September 20, 2013 at 12:19am   
Need help to brighten my house and landscape my garden
I have a four bedroomed home, with a large compound....
Need help with landscaping my garden.
Live on a hill with the house at the top and the pool...
need help for my smal garden desiign
The size of garden is 27/20 i like to have a fire...
I will NEVER have _____ in my home!
What's the one thing (or a few things) you refuse to...
Subtle tudor paint ideas
I need help, I want to repaint the exterior of my house...
What color paint goes well in this room?
Hi...I just bought an 1883 colonial. We have original...
Window treatment yes or no
Our master to look out to a private backyard. Is it...