Need some ideas combining 2 small bedrooms into a larger master.
Leah Heintz
we have 4 bedroom home, empty nesters! our so called master bedroom is very small small, with a very small bathroom, one sink vanity and shower only. walk- in closet, although small.... should be expanded. Our idea is to take the third bedroombedroom, opening it up to create a nice large master bedroom/ bathroom..... for resale, opinions on this.... going from a 4 bedroom home, to a three bedroom with an expected master bedroom/ bath.... Our thought is that most would prefer this over how our home is designed now!!!!
karemore55
I agree, both for your own comfort, and for re-sale value - it's a smart decision. Good luck!
September 17, 2013 at 12:21am      Thanked by Leah Heintz
Leah Heintz
I will be attaching some images, although my main question/concern/opinions are mainly your opinions.... on making these changes, especially for resale. Otherwise, our home is upgraded. We have paid our home off...
and if we ever decide to sale want what most buyers would be looking for... We live on about 2.2 acres with 1 full acre developed, orchard( fruit trees, blueberry bushes.... all established)-- and a nice sized cement slab for kids to play basketball, etc..25ftx30ft, with a deck that is 800sq ft
September 17, 2013 at 12:43am   
The number of bedrooms really depends on the future buyers which you have no control over.
September 17, 2013 at 8:03am   
karemore55
Leah, if you are still not sure about going through with this, maybe call in a couple of realtors for their opinions. Perhaps there are other considerations, such as the neighbourhood you live in, the overall size of the home, etc. but, in my mind, 3 bedrooms is adequate for a family with 1 - 2 children. Is there space in the basement for a future family to build an additional bedroom if they want? Personally, I would want the larger bedroom (which probably means larger closet also), and an up-to-date master bath. And, as you point out, there are lots of other great features about your home. I really don't see your plans being detrimental to future sales, but maybe talk to the pros before you decide.
September 17, 2013 at 4:22pm      Thanked by Leah Heintz
Leah Heintz
Thank you very much karemore55.... very great points!!
I
September 17, 2013 at 5:33pm   
Combining 2 small bedrooms with jack and Jill bath to master suite
I have 2 small bedrooms sharing a jack and Jill bath....
Need ideas to make a master bedroom look larger
Hello houzzers! Our house is up for sale (we're getting...
Master bedroom remodel: combine master with small bedroom
Combine current 13x15 master with 11x12 adjoining bedroom...
Need ideas for a small apartment master bedroom.
The room is 12' x 9' with a ensuite washroom and a...
Need help creating a 2nd Mast upstairs by combining 2 bedrooms
We want to create a 2nd master (a nice, contemporary...
Front door colour
I'm stuck with these house colours for awhile. Soft...
Need help with my master bedroom!
My husband and I recently moved into our new home &...
Mid-Century ranch needs some curb appeal
Just replaced the roof on our mid-century California-style...
Need help with wall paint
I just purchased the pecan praline swirl hardwood floor...