Kitchen Backsplash
diamondcarey
What is the latest trend for backsplash in the kitchen, I'm ready to install something and I don't want it to be outdated.
Sharon
Pressed metal could be awesome here! Or you could do subway tiles, or even a glass splash back.
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 3:43AM
ReDesign Innovations
Go with fashion not fad. Latest trends tend to outdate themselves. To add some height to the room maybe run some rectangular subway tiles vertically. Grey and very light blue with white would compliment the countertops.
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 3:45AM
indianpatti
I would go with glass subway tiles .. either a blue gray, light gray or white/cream (color of cabs)
4 Likes   September 18, 2013 at 4:27AM
afantasia
Subway tile is never outdated. Get it in gray for a timeless look.
3 Likes   September 18, 2013 at 4:43AM
ahelton142
Have you seen the backside painted glass or plexi. I was going to try this but haven't decided yet?
3 Likes   September 18, 2013 at 4:44AM
ahelton142
Your kitchen is lovely btw!
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 4:44AM
Colour Theory
Take a look at some of the fantastic mosaics that are available for backsplash. Maybe look for one that combines glass with marble &/or porcelain. The 'listelle' shape is pretty cool...that means the long skinny strips)
Multi colour could include white, silvery grey & even some stainless!
3 Likes   September 18, 2013 at 4:46AM
Melody Martin
I agree with "fashion, not fad" and also love their color palette: light blue, dove grey, and white. I also agree that subway tiles are timeless. The first 2 photos I attached have steel subway tiles, thus combining both ideas. I also saw a backsplash with combined both the glass and the metal subway tiles. The other thing I have noticed while recently walking model homes for a new home (see shower pic) were the Listelle-shaped slate tiles. You can mix the 3 colors into this material also. Good luck!
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 5:09AM
vickik4
Your kitchen is beautiful. I agree a light green or light grey glass subway tile would be beautiful.
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 5:33AM
diamondcarey
Thanks everyone for such great ideas! I guess a trip to the tile store is next!
0 Likes   September 18, 2013 at 10:46AM
Keep backsplash simple. A stainless subway is nice.
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 10:54AM
shelleyuk
If you can afford glass subway tile it looks lovely. I would like it in our kitchen but over here in the UK you're looking at £200 a square metre which is out of our budget. Here mosaic has had its day and can look dated but that might not be the case in the US. Normal ceramic subway tile is classic and appeals to a wide market if you sell.
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 10:58AM
sandkshouse
The backsplash is the last thing we need to do in our kitchen remodel. We are probably going to put up a glass backsplash. We like the simplicity and the ease of cleaning.
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 11:05AM
Valley Floors
What a lovely kitchen! You might consider a subway tile with a crackled glass finish, it will add a little bit of depth and dimension to the tile.
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 1:18PM
newhouseforus
I love the look of back painted glass. I'm not sure how much more expensive it is than subway tile but it is subtle and easy to maintain and in my opinion timeless.
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 1:27PM
sandkshouse
The designer at the place we bought out cabinets is the one that first mentioned the option. Then I searched Houzz and saw a bunch of examples of it. At $1,200, her quote was a little pricey, I thought. I made some calls, and we can get the glass cut to size for about $400. That would leave painting and installation up to us. To save $800, I think we can do that.
1 Like   September 18, 2013 at 2:11PM
Need paint color ideas
I am looking for paint color ideas for my living room....
koolchik4u4
My livingroom needs help! Bay windows opposite fireplace challence...
We bought a house with a big livingroom where we would...
krickelina
Need help blowing up photos.
Hello Friends. Does anyone have good recommendations...
massimigliano
1950 bathroom
Should I change tub from aqua to white or tile from...
wedding831
What to do with off center fireplace, tv and furniture placement.
My 1954 ranchelo living room is 15 x 13 and I don't...
zeeveezee