Cheryl Lynn Designs, LLC.
September 18, 2013
LakeMurrayTimes.com
The #1 source for Lake Murray, SC information
Search

Home
About
Subscribe
Contact

Home
Business Page
Charity Page
Our Ad Rates

Subscribe to RSS

Cheryl Lynn Designs, LLC.
11 DIFFERENT TYPES OF FLOORING OPTIONS:
Posted by Ann Head - Editor, Contributing Writer, and Reporter ⋅ September 12, 2013⋅ Leave a Comment
Filed Under 11 Types of flooring

11 DIFFERENT TYPES OF FLOORING OPTIONS:

Written by contributing writer: Cheryl Schlensker

My article this week is discussing the many different types of flooring options available on the market today. Flooring is one of the most important foundation pieces in your home. When I am working with a client , I explain this importance and that your selection as to the type of flooring chosen, the colors, and where it is going to used is very important. Your home should flow from space to space, you don’t want to have to many different flooring surfaces, giving it a chopped up appearance. Choosing the wrong flooring option or color is a very costly mistake. You need to get it right the first time. When I select the flooring materials and colors for my clients it is based on several different factors that I have mentioned, as well as their style, their furnishings and their home. I show them a few different options from my samples so they can see the actual sample materials, colors and sizes to aid in their decision.

At the present time there are 11, that are most commonly used. You selection will depend on the area in your home you are selecting it for, and how that space is used. I am going to help you with the that decision process through this article by explaining the different types, their durability, and where they are commonly used.

Flooring can make a dramatic difference in the appearance of your home. Flooring “will” contribute to the resale value of your home, and will enhance the overall ambiance in your home. I always advise my clients not to skimp on their flooring, this is an area that they want to spend the most money that they can, so they can get the best floors possible. Not only for their aesthetic value but their longevity as well. Let’s look at the following options to help you make your decision and choose the right surface(s) for your home.

Marble Flooring:

You may select marble flooring for any room in your house that you choose. It will give you a very rich feeling, and it absolutely gorgeous. Marble tile comes in a variety of sizes, but the 12” x 12” are most commonly used. Marble is a processed product from all over the world from metamorphic rocks and contain mostly calcium carbonate. They are a quarried product. Marble flooring would make an excellent choice for a very elegant foyer. They come in many different colors.

Hardwood Flooring:

Solid wood flooring is a timeless classic in the flooring industry. Wood floors have been around for centuries, due to their popularity for their
Should and can door hinges be painted?
Should I have had my hinges painted white like the...
Needs Sprucing Up
I would like to spruce up this area with maybe some...
Paint? Or not?
What should i do to update kitchen and family room?...
Lighting Help Needed
I neede help in figuring out fixtures for my kitchen....
Help! Bookcase, book shelf or cabinet?!
Hi! I need help with my living room wall... I am debating...