Lighting over moving dining room table
jawiam
Hi. My formal dining room table is moved in the space depending on the number of people who are joining us...as few as 4 and up to 10. It is a drop leaf table that retracts to 3" by 4" and expands to 4" by 12", and we frequently use it in both sizes. How do I figure our what kind of lighting to put over it? A hanging chandelier will not work as the center of the table will move. Sometime we even push the table over to the side of the room. Help!
Lights Online
While I maintain a chandelier could possibly still work in the space, perhaps something more linear like a row of kitchen island lights ( http://www.lightsonline.com/kitchen-island-lights/ ) or something like a pendant light ( http://www.lightsonline.com/pendants/ ) could suit your space well? There are so many possibilities for lighting, so you are sure to find something that is going to fit you and your dining room like a glove--even if the table is moved over to the side of the room!
September 18, 2013 at 12:09PM   
jawiam
Thanks Lights Online for the ideas.
September 18, 2013 at 12:35PM     
Fred S
Usually, in this situation, I recommend two or three sets of wall sconces, cove lighting at the ceiling, and recessed lights that can be turned on in groups to fit the position of the table. If you do all three it will look great due to the lighting itself and you won't miss the bling of a center chandelier.
September 18, 2013 at 11:27PM   
repair claw foot tub
we recently bought an old home that has an old rusty...
Bathroom in the new house needs help. I love the old subway tiles
This is the bathroom in the house we just bought. I...
What rug size do I get?
I recently just got a beautiful dining table from restoration...
Styling Book Shelves
In theory, I understand some of the concepts of styling...
what grout color should I use with Dark Emperador (2x2) backsplash
What grout color should I use with Dark Emperador (2x2)...