How can I hide the ugly mess of electric wires/switches?
Kreative Interiors
I need to do something about the ugly wires, routers ad switches...help!
vacox
That's a tough one. It looks like the cable is coming in there, too? I would do as much as I could with extension cords to get the bulk of it behind the tv cabinet. Then maybe a plant in a nice pot in that spot. Mother-in-law plant is tall and takes low indirect light and is practically indestructible. It's a gorgeous space. What's in the other corner? Could you move the white chest to the other corner and put an ottoman or bench there to hide them? Love the glam.
1 Like   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 3:15AM
Kreative Interiors
Thank you. A plant is a good idea, I'll definitely try the mother in law plant.What do you think of palm plants? Having plants would actually complement my olive green gigantic dismantled l sectional sofa! You'll see from the other pictures. This is a new apartment I have moved into so using the existing furniture was a challenge.and I had to dismantle my sectional sofa.
   September 19, 2013 at 3:33AM
Kreative Interiors
The cable, the internet, extra devices etc all use this area for power :(
   September 19, 2013 at 3:33AM
amisty
You have a lovely place, calm and inviting. Love the wall color.
1 Like   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 3:39AM
CDR Design
beautiful room!

For how formal and elegant your room is, I think you would be better off with an entertainment center to house your tv. This will allow you to house the box on the floor, the speakers, as well as hide the wires. It also gives you the flexibility to move the tv if you want.

Is that in your budget? It does not have to be super-expensive.

That chandelier trio is gorgeous!
2 Likes   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 3:42AM
CDR Design
an ec will also give you an opportunity to showcase your beautiful pieces. They don't have to be as large as the photos below, but just giving you a visual

[houzz=Lyme Hills]

[houzz=Florida Vacation Home- Family Room]

[houzz=Lompier Interior Group]
   September 19, 2013 at 3:48AM
Fred S
They make surge suppression power strips with a 3 foot cord and an angled plug that puts the cord tight against the wall. Then, everything can be plugged in behind the cabinet.
   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 3:55AM
Kreative Interiors
Thank you for your kind words :) Those are some great ideas, I'll upload pictures once I'm done. If I do get an entertainment center, what color would you recommend? Black? White? Others?
   September 19, 2013 at 3:57AM
CDR Design
I would stay with dark. If you look at the credenza the tv is on now, the dark looks good with your other furniture. What is that.....sort of an espresso shade?

The only challenge you might have after ent ctr are the cords which you can manage better as Fred is indicating.

Also we could play with your furniture. For example, that chair could go where your white table is and we could find another spot for that beautiful table.
1 Like   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 4:25AM
bellesum
How about repositioning those sockets and outlets? The current position did not seem to be properly thought through. Unless you install a much wider cabinet or larger media cabinet which may be too large for your needs or may dominate the room, your other option, besides hiding them behind other furniture, is to place your current cabinet at an angle at that corner. Presumably the thought behind the position of those outlets is that that corner would be the TV corner, rather than the larger wall.
1 Like   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 8:16AM
PH Interiors, LLC
I agree with bellesum. I think moving the cable and electric outlets is the best long term solution. And probably a lot less expensive than purchasing an ec.
   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 8:32AM
Fred S
Don't you think she should ask the owner of the apartment first?
   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 8:37AM
If it's an apartment, you probably can't move the outlets though that would be the best solution. Next best, IMO, is the one from Fred S, a single surge suppressor that sits behind the console. That should leave you with a single power cord and one cable and be much less noticeable.
   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 8:40AM
despinach
You've got a very nice place! I am thinking of a big mirror leaning towards the wall which could hide everything behind it and make the room seem bigger. Then, you could have to move your chest a little more next to the balcony door.
   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 8:46AM
   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 10:08AM
Pegster
You can make a hole behind the TV and also behind your credenza. Then fish all the wires through the wall, in from the TV, and then out behind the credenza. They make fixtures if you want this to look finished, even though you will not see the holes since they are behind things. I worry about bugs, so want the wall closed up after we do this. A plant is much easier, though! ;-)
   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 1:55PM
Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
It's a problem lots of people run into. Adding an outlet where it's most needed and out of sight is your best option. Relocating outlets and cable boxes is common and a licensed electrician should do this for you at a pretty minimal cost. Floor outlets are useful in some situations and we add these when furniture and, or, lighting is to be placed in the middle of a room or away from the wall.
If moving the outlets is not an option, adding a surge protector with a remote as was suggested, is an option.

For an Entertainment center you have some great details in the room to spin off with. Because the window treatment and White chest have a 1930's Hollywood attitude, it would be cool to consider a mirrored piece.
John Richards makes some beautiful examples. You don't need to stick to a traditionally proportioned TV cabinet. A Bar cabinet in the size could be a choice. Old looking, de-silvered mirror, will add a lot of punch and glamour. You might like to use a standard Ent. Center in a naturally dark finish or in White too. My favorite thought is a Red lacquered Chinese piece with some detailed carving. Oscar De lorenta for Century and Oriental furniture sources will have some offerings.

Anyway, your room looks beautiful and you've done a great job already.
1 Like   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 2:31PM
thelmalouisemom
A very quick and simple solution, move the chair part of your sectional next to the TV, place the little white chest nest to the chair.
1 Like   Thanked by Kreative Interiors    September 19, 2013 at 3:21PM
How can I hide ugly pipes?
We have just had a new boiler fitted and have rather...
How can I hide this ugly A/C compressor in the front of my house?
Last year we had an A/C unit installed in our house...
How do you hide electrical wiring on the front porch
The only plug we had was the one attached to our light...
How can I hide these wires?????
How can I creatively "hide" all those wires coming...
Need help for front porch column remodel
Have 8' round columns on 9' porch. Want to cut the...
Help with rock!
Any suggestions for rock along the bottom of house...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
Bamboo floors vs hardwood
Going to build a home. I have been reading pros and...