Can you share the ceiling color?

scapr
10 years ago
Farmhouse Bedroom · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Historical Concepts
    10 years ago
    Unfortunately, I don't have a record of the interior paint colors because they were selected by the interior designer. We are the architects and generally leave interior paint selections to the homeowner/interior designer.
  • Helen Carlock
    10 years ago
    What is buttboard? Do you use real wood or MDF and if wood do the wood holes show through the paint. What kind of wood do you recommend? My builder is not sure and I really want to put this through many areas of my house. Thank you so much.
  • PRO
    Historical Concepts
    10 years ago
    Buttboard is simply wood boards "butted" up to each other, rather than tongue and grooved together. As you can see in the photo, the wood's imperfections will show through. We always specify real wood and the species depends on budget and aesthetic preference. Pine will likely be the least expensive, but will have a more rustic look with knot holes, etc.. Other species we've used are poplar and cypress.
  • Helen Carlock
    10 years ago
    I assumed that the knot holes that I saw with yours was meant to be and that was also dictated by the fact that you used a whitewash to let it show through. This is a Bob Timberlake house at Big Canoe as I said so I want it to look a little rustic. I understand that if you use a shellac primer, it helps with the knot holes. I believe you used 8" wide boards but it appears you used maybe a T & G on your ceiling with maybe a 4 or 5 ". By the way, I met you years ago at Sweet Bottom Plantation. I have been selling real estate with Harry Norman since 1979. I have always loved everything you have done!!!