Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micostas

Need help with my daughter's bedroom 911

micostas
10 years ago
My daughter's room is a 10x11, she is 16 years old and she wants to decorate her room with red walls and gold, she asked for gold chandelier, she also would like to have a nail station and a side where she can play her music. Her dresser is white. My problem is that I can't picture her room in red and gold. I need a hand with your fabulous ideas. Thank you!

Comments (17)

• PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10 years ago
    I'm thinking Hollywood glam.....Here is my suggestion:

1) Accent wall behind the bed using wallpaper
    2) Paint the ceiling red and the other walls a golden shade
    3) The drum shade on this chandelier makes it more modern
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Continued....

4) A linen upholstered headboard
    5) Some mirrored night stands with a golden antique look
    6) Some gold bedding (with a mohair pillow)
    7) Some decorative pillows with gold beading
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    10 years ago
    Bold! With the dark floors, I'd use lots of gold and white tones:
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    More gold, a lot of neutral, a dash of red:
    Dashing Through The Throws · More Info

Cliffs at Walnut Cove, NC · More Info

Babson · More Info

Traditional Bedroom · More Info
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Final touches...

8) Some linen drapery
    9) A red dresser (or desk)
    10) A mirror for the dresser
    11) A tufted linen chair (or paint the little chair in red)
  • Megan Smith
    10 years ago
    I like a lot of these ideas that have been posted. I think having warm, yellow-gold walls would make the room seem warm, without shrinking the already tight space with red walls. I think red accents with gold walls would be very nice! I might also go with a champagne gold sheer for the window instead of red. I really, really love what Lydia has suggested. My only other suggestion might be to paint about a one foot red boarder around the ceiling instead of the whole thing red.
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10 years ago
    @ Thank you Megan Smith! :)
  • micostas
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much for your suggestions and ideas. I love the wall paper and the glam look, she is like that. I will share your comments with her and I will post the final project. I have just one question and is What red paint and gold paint is the one you post?
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    10 years ago
    I'm so glad you like it! The paint colours are from Benjamin Moore. Here are the links:

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/red
    http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/morganhillgold

The wallpaper is from Design By Color:

http://www.designbycolor.net/en/Living/book/45/red/default.aspx

The furniture and accessories are from Z Gallerie and Pottery Barn.

Have fun decorating! :)
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Keep gold to a minimum , like a chandler. A wall paper behind bed,in red and gold. Then paint other walls a pale gold. This is a very small room a dark color on walls will close it in. Get a cream head board tufted in velvet. Center bed on that wall. With a mirror night stand and a hanging very small chandler over it light in gold with bling. On windows red velvet panels get 4 tie back on side with gold chain. Paint dresser a black incl desk. Spray paint chair gold metallic. Use desk as nail station. Is there another wall it could go on? Bedding a red and gold print. 2 shams. Get in a solid gold. Add a gold 24" sunburst mirror over bed hang low 8" above headboard. Or get a wood headboard used and spray paint gold metallic. No Xmas lights. Or clutter.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Lydia post a wallpaper that would work behind bed then take the gold in background to paint rest of room.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    I'm sorry she wants chandelier where fan is. Not big not to low. Gold. Don't do one on nite stand just a small lamp in black and gold. A lamp on dresser to and desk. Don't match.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Add sunburst to dresser. And a picture in reds over bed.
  • User
    10 years ago
    red and gold are good with together,but your daughter wants to live and play music or she wants to read her books in her room,I think when you use warm colors in this room,your daughter won't be relaxed. You can choose a light color that your daughter likes it and then you use gold and red in color of her bed and lamp and you try not to use red color on the walls of her room.
  • funkyfreak
    8 years ago

Hi there! :) did you manage to give your daughter what she wanted ?

• hayleydaniels
    8 years ago

This is from 2013.

If you're new, keep in mind that the recommended threads on the right hand side of the page are generated by a key word generator that pulls them up based on what you're reading. Most are long dead and buried with the OP no where to be seen.