Kitchen Backsplash Material
burnabyjillSeptember 19, 2013
Will be picking backsplash right after we decide on granite. Like the natural look and texture of tumbled stone but worried if it is difficult to clean. DH does not like glass. Not against porcelain tile. Just want to know what to think about before choosing
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
Whatever material you choose, select one that has colors that are in your granite countertop. Keep it fairly simple so that it isn't too busy since the countertop will also have a pattern. Since you like the look of stone, you might also look at small slate tiles ( maybe 6" x 6") if you do select a natural material like slate, make sure that you can handpick the colors of each piece because they often come in a variety of colors and they might not all work for your granite.....

Another possibility is to use the tumbled stone that you like but selectively with a simple tile as the main backsplash. You could design a pattern of stone behind the stove or you could insert stones randomly along the backsplash.....

Good luck and have fun with it...
    Bookmark   Thanked by burnabyjill    September 19, 2013 at 7:48PM
burnabyjill
Thanks for responding. We will probably keep a very simple backsplash since are looking for a granite with lots of character. My concern is that any backsplash material with texture will be difficult to clean. Would slate or tumbled stone be OK?
    Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 10:06AM
Second Century Homes, LLC
Tumbled stone is a better choice than slate as it is denser and less porous than slate. Also consider using porcelin or ceramic tile as an option, as there are hundreds of colors to select from. Make sure to seal the tile and grout after the final cleaning of grout haze from the stone.
    Bookmark   Thanked by burnabyjill    September 20, 2013 at 10:13AM
high ceiling entry
Have a 16' ceiling in a high entry, with a 7x10 space...
beebedeb
How to dress the Buffet?
Hello Houzzers! I need some pro help here. I just cannot...
meddr101
Flooring color
I am doing a new kitchen/great room. Kitchen cabinets...
oliveah
Is this 9x12 carpet too big......
Would 8x10 be better for this space - and does it need...
mskdj
I need a new rug for this room...
Room is about 12.5" x 12.5". I need a rug that will...
Debbie