Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klichaj

Master Bedroom Redesign Help

klichaj
10 years ago
This is my second post and im folloowing some advice posted so this is exclusively for the master bedroom. I've attached the pictures of the bedroom as well as the attached bathroom just for an idea.
We are keeping the cherry furniture but that's all that is staying in this room. We're hoping to redo the carpets, and paint.
The previous owners have the ENTIRE house painted the off white color that came when the house was built, so we're having some trouble pulling inspiration.
We're running on a pretty tight budget, but we definitely need some help picking a color that fits us both well, as well as what design aspects can go on the walls,bed etc.

Thanks!

Comments (23)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    10 years ago
    If budget is a concern, then I would paint the vanities a darker color to match the bedroom furniture.
  • klichaj
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    We've considered redoing the cabinets throughout the house, but we're a little nervous with what the outcome will look like!
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Hello again. I gather from your ideas that you like light blues in bedrooms? Be back later, just making sure I get updates on this thread.
  • klichaj
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Rina - that's what we were thinking...My boyfriend and I will be sharing the master so we definitely need something neutral (nothing girly or overly manly) we want something warm, but something with a lot of light as well...We are planning to replace the carpet in the master but we haven't selected a color yet so like I said the only thing that is definitely staying is the furniture.
    thanks!!
  • Ilovecolors
    10 years ago
    Here is a pic with bath
  • Geneviève
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I 'm looking at your bathroom now!

I was thinking on going with a grey for the walls
    Willow Creek 1468 · More Info

4 Piece Golden Sun and Moon Pattern Blue Ceramic Bath Accessory Sets · More Info

Classic Chain Towels by Matouk · More Info

Georgian Style | Minneapolis · More Info
  • Geneviève
    10 years ago
    Moving to the bedroom

nile blue CSP-560 · More Info

Organic Chevron Duvet Cover · More Info

Cotton Canvas Printed Tortoise Window Panel · More Info

Love Arrow Pillow, Blue Denim · More Info

Contemporary Table Lamps · More Info
  • klichaj
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    gsweeney - what color flooring do you have in your bedroom? We were maybe thinking of a cream carpet, do you think that might be too light??

Genevieve - Grey and Blue are great together, so maybe blue in the bed and grey in the bath?? I think that could meld really well together!
  • Ilovecolors
    10 years ago
    Hi -- we have a light Berber carpet (came with the home). In another condo we have "cream" carpet in the bedrooms -- just be careful not to go yellow.
  • Geneviève
    10 years ago
    And now here are all of your colours put together ,about that !

Rectangular Vase, Red/Blue/Orange · More Info
  • Geneviève
    10 years ago
    In regard of carpets in the bedroom,I personally don't like them I rather have hardwood and a couple little mats by the bedsides,its hard to clean under the bed and move furniture around when cleaning the room.
  • klichaj
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Unfortunately there is no hardwood under the carpets so for budget reasons we really can only replace it rather then try to put down all new flooring. But I really like the black/white almost nautical theme! I think it's a perfect mix between being manly yet neutral :)
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Okay, this is getting along perfectly fine without me. But as Genevieve's picture post above hints, I think that whether you go pastel blues (my choice) or the more naval theme (also gorgeous), you should introduce a few touches of the downstairs yellow and terracotta to tie the whole house together. I'm not thinking a terracotta duvet, or anything that big. Art with those colours combined with blue. A coloured glass vase. A bowl in the bathroom for cotton wool balls. That sort of thing. And then ... put a bit of blue in your living and dining rooms in the same way. Just a touch.

Good luck.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    Inexpensively is ........ paint the vanity cherry wood brown. Maybe a turqoise blue for wall paint and a lighter tone for the bathroom paint. You could also use a darker blue in the bathroom and make that dramatic. Choose two blues that work well together.

There is also a paint available for laminate countertops. Need proper preparation. Found at Home Depot and Lowes.

Beautiful art chosen for both bedroom and bath can be your inspiration, if you choose that first. It would be the beginning of the design building process. Your jumping off point.

You could also choose some fresh seaglass greens for color instead of blues.
  • klichaj
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    We haven't really thought about working with greens, but that might be something we should talk about. Like blues, they're a neutral and there are so many nice shades.
    Thanks!
  • maggiemae0552
    10 years ago
    i love gsweeneys pictures. Paint the walls and vanity and then step back and begin to fill in with the other bedding and bath items. I personally like a darker bedroom and a lighter bathroom. Enjoy the process!
  • maggiemae0552
    10 years ago
    Proceed cautiously with a nautical theme...it can get overdone very quickly
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Klichaj, could we have pictures of the other side/s of the bedroom? I think this is more than just a matter of choosing colour and carpets, there is a whole picture to be considered.
  • brickln
    10 years ago
    Blue/gray/yellow combo would be perfect. Paint the vanity as suggested and add a wide frame around the mirror. Change the sinks or at least the faucets to something traditional/transitional rather than the contemporary style you have now. Towels, curtains, etc.- let your bedroom furniture be your guide to the correct style.
  • klichaj
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the comments! I like the nautical theme colors but I don't think we actually want to go with nautical decor. I don't have any other pictures to post because we haven't moved in to the house yet so we don't have access to take any pictures right now. We're keeping the furniture but we were looking for themes and ideas since were starting from scratch. We do like greys and blues and blacks also
  • PRO
    Vibrant Abstract painting studio
    10 years ago
    look original painting for sale ,medium -acrylic on canvas rolled,

website- http://sanjay-punekar.artistwebsites.com/

any query email -artistpune@gmail.com, follow me on Facebook page -

https://www.facebook.com/vibrantpaintings/

print on canvas/paper any size!( bigger or smaller)