Are whirlpool tubs a good decision or bad?
reteach
We are going to update our master bath. We are replacing everything, including the bath tub. We have enough room for a whirlpool tub, but wonder if spending the money is worth it.
My opinion is they're very yesterday.
September 20, 2013 at 11:43AM        Thanked by reteach
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
We seldom see anyone actually use the tubs. On occasion, but not generally. If you do decide on keeping a tub, use either a non-jetted tub (garden tub) or an air tub. Unless you get way up there in price, the whirlpool tubs don't purge the lines and there are issues with bacteria. Personally, I would go overboard on the shower.
September 20, 2013 at 1:04PM        Thanked by reteach
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
I agree with Deborah, we are selling soaking tubs and air tubs more often than whirlpools these days, freestanding soaking tubs are very popular if you have room for them, if not a large "his and hers" shower is the way to go!
September 20, 2013 at 1:23PM      Thanked by reteach
DirectBuy of Fort Worth
Air sells more than whirlpool. No back wash. Great for the circulation too. But spa showers are the big thing now. I am doing less and less tubs in a master ensuite. But I am also selling more outdoor spas.
September 20, 2013 at 2:07PM        Thanked by reteach
Closet Experts
Let me describe ours and you will understand why we use it. It fits two people. It has a heater to maintain water temperature for baths as long as an hour or more. There is a window to see the sky. We have recessed lighting above on a dimmer with a remote control. The tub is on an angle in a corner. Therefore next to it towards the corner is a cutout on the deck with a copper planter tray. We have an artificial plant arrangement with a multilevel holder for votive candles in the tray. There is also an ice bucket for a wine bottle in the tray. We have a piece of artwork on the wall without the window. Finally we have a vase in the very corner with some Michael's floral arrangement. I would have posted a picture, but I need to clean the bathtub ring! Couldn't do all that with a freestanding tub that is a pain to clean around. By the way, there are no steps up into the tub, those are useless too.
September 20, 2013 at 4:55PM        Thanked by reteach
Keitha
I would say its not worth it !
September 20, 2013 at 6:50PM   
Need window treatments for Narrow, tall window in MBR
Currently have tall narrow windows in MBR, on either...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
How would you spend $10k to improve this kitchen?
I would love to hear you advice! We are finally ready...