Need help for my living room
eloi
I wanted to redecorate/rearrange my furniture but I don't have any idea how to do it...
elw4797
What a nice bright space! Great natural light. You first need to replace the dated verticle blinds with chrtain panels. The experts on Houzz taught me that a year ago and it is such an amazing change!!

Are you open to painting? I would get a much larger rug and set the feet of the sofa on the edge of the rug. Is there a chair in this room?
1 Like   September 20, 2013 at 1:06PM
elw4797
Is the wall the tv is on the only cable source? If so I would keep the couch across from it. Can we see more pictures of the room?
1 Like   September 20, 2013 at 1:08PM
Mitchell Channon Design
I'm not sure if you're looking to just rearrange or if you have the budget for new purchases. The arrangement seems fine. Here are a few suggestions from what I can see in this photo: The rug is too small for the space. It should be large enough so that the front legs of the sofa fall on top of the rug. It looks like you have a 6x9 and you need at least a 8 x 10 size rug. Also, the coffee table is undersized as well. I like your wall color. I would paint the white moldings to match the wall.
1 Like   September 20, 2013 at 1:08PM
Lower the mirror to about 5" above the sofa back and start searching for art to replace it since it reflects nothing interesting or beautiful.
1 Like   September 20, 2013 at 1:29PM
eloi
Thank you for all of the good suggestions. It's going to help us on our home project. Will post after pictures in the future.
0 Likes   September 20, 2013 at 1:53PM
abbyjean
GREAT advice already given. The only thing I will add is that the coffee table needs to be 18 inches from the couch. It is too far away to be used.
1 Like   September 20, 2013 at 2:10PM
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Kitchen Advice? Cosmetic updates to make dated kitchen more modern?
The house is 1931 Spanish Revival but we are looking...
Cambria Quartz
Has anyone experienced any problems with the Cambria...
Help with Changing Grout Color in Newly Grouted Shower
I just had this whole new shower put in. The colors...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...