Layout for master bathroom / bath - help!
Mary Chieppor
would love ideas on layout to renovate my master bath. we are taking out the large jacuzzi tub and putting in a freestanding 56" long tub. This would allow me to have access to move the door to the shower on the 10'3" long wall along with the water closet door. We are trying to get a bigger shower but the placement of the window doesn't allow me to make the shower any wider.

Do you think we have room to move both the shower and water closet door to a new wall? I am willing to make the vanity smaller than 96". Do you have any other ideas how to get a larger shower and access to a private water closet?
This looks like an efficient and spacious layout. Your budget would be better spent on quality finishes than moving plumbing fixtures around.
September 21, 2013 at 2:48pm   
ReSquare Architecture + Construction
I agree with Dytecture: the layout works well as it is, spend your budget on other things.

Glass between the tub and shower instead of that framed wall would help make the shower actually bigger but also feel less crowded. Looks like you'd gain about 10" in the shower if you push the glass tight to the window frame, especially if you don't case out the window.

If you use a platform for the tub, the platform could extend into the shower as a seat.
September 21, 2013 at 6:11pm   
ReSquare Architecture + Construction
If you do want to re-layout... can the entry door move?
September 21, 2013 at 6:13pm   
Mary Chieppor
I wanted to take that "dead" area by where you enter the shower and water closet and make that part of the shower. by making the tub smaller, i was going to have the water closet door right by the vanity and then the shower entrance right next to it....see photo 3. this would make the shower 5x4'
September 21, 2013 at 6:56pm   
ReSquare Architecture + Construction
That could work too.
September 22, 2013 at 11:47am   
Need help with my Master Bath layout
1.) Attached is the Master Bath plan. This is the...
Need help with master bath layout
Hello Houzz - I am relatively new here and just love...
Master bath layout help please!
Master bath layout help! Husband, architect and I...
Crown Moldings Low Ceilings
We have a house built in 1950 with ceiling heights...
Paint color?
Amateur here... This is the kitchen in the new house....
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
New help for my kitchen both wet & dry idea
I like contemporary or classical designs with very...
remodel cost?
I am looking to remodel a 500 Sq ft. family room that...