Update Living space
cjschneid44
September 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Trying to update this living space attached to the kitchen! Not going to paint, just some tips for upgraded decor! Anything helps! Thanks:)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Anne
New art above the sofa. Fresh pillows. Area rug. Different coffee table/ottoman. Lamps. Can we see a picture of the kitchen and the other walls of this room?
September 21, 2013 at 12:10pm   
karemore55
Some fabrics - calico corners.com.
September 21, 2013 at 12:20pm     
karemore55
Aw, my first post didn't go through, so these fabrics must be a bit puzzling, hey? First, I love your room and furniture - great decorating! If you are looking to update furniture also, I would recommend replacing sofa because they are horribly expensive to reupholstering. However, your chairs are just too darn cute to get rid of it, so I highly recommend recovering. This is where the blue fabrics come in - I think a slipcovered sofa in a warm white would ve quite refreshing, and a nice (almost 180 degree change) from the bright colors. Pair the white sofa with your newly reupholstered chairs in a large (to match the big personality of your chairs) blue and white print. Don't try to bring the wall color into the print - just blue and white, and maybe taupe or grey or other neutral in the print. You could also replace your art to refresh your look, although it is a nice piece - could it hang elsewhere in the house? If you also want to recover the ottomans, you could do the two small guys in a blue and white stripe, and the large round in a small neutral that pulls in the blue - maybe a taupe and cream pattern? Some pillows for the sofa in mostly solids, and I posted a couple of art ideas. Just to get you going!
September 21, 2013 at 12:28pm     
karemore55
If you do go for a cooler, more pared down look, I recommend hanging white linen panels on the window - just so things don't get too pared down! Also, you could try removing the vases from your mantel and just leave it bare. The stone, beautiful mantle and the mirror are all you need to make a statement there.
September 21, 2013 at 12:32pm