Color for wall
Amanda Konersmann
I need suggests for wall color. We are planning on having all the trim & cabinets painted white.
floorlamp
I too wanted white trim and choose BM Cloud White, a little softer than bright white. I just finished painting the LR walls a diluted Behr Hazelnut Cream because I want my furniture and wall decor to stand out. Your quilt hanging should stand out, it has beautiful colors!
September 21, 2013 at 12:31pm     
karemore55
I wonder if you should paint the walls white as well, not just the trim.
It would make your beautiful colors and patterns really pop, especially that fantastic wall hanging.
September 21, 2013 at 12:34pm     
Amanda Konersmann
It seems like white walls are coming back. I asked a few others their opinion & white seemed to be popular. Can you recommend a white for the walls?
September 21, 2013 at 8:57pm   
Genevieve
The light is trowing me off ,
why do you want to paint the trim white ,first decide on the walls then the trims ,

for the walls

whipped mocha CSP-350

for the trims

Benjamin Moore Swiss Coffee

White is very cold and if you live in North America where Winters are long and harsh with a lot of snow I would personally stay away from white , if you really must then go a cream colour .
September 21, 2013 at 9:41pm     
karemore55
You have so many bright colors in your space that white walls will create a gallery-like effect. All art looks good against white. The white that comes to mind for me is Ben Moore's Simply White. It's a nice, warm white but doesn't have any yellow undertones. Very clear white. We used this white throughout our cottage where there was a lot of wood trim, ceiling beams, etc. and it made all the woodwork look so good. I changed the colors in there quite a bit (painting wood pieces, new sofa, etc.) and that same white just stood the test of time - looks good with everything.
September 23, 2013 at 6:16pm   
karemore55
I apologize for not responding sooner. Having problems with not getting notifications on my iPad - very frustrating. So I just scroll through my old discussions every now and then to catch up on updates.
September 23, 2013 at 6:17pm   
karemore55
Also, as floorlamp mentioned above, Cloud .white is very popular - not just for trim, but on walls too. I personally haven't used it. It too is apparently a soft, warm white - maybe a bit more ivory? You should bring home several paint chips and hold them up to everything - sofa, pillows, wall art - and narrow it down. I usually make my decision at that point, but they say you should then buy a small sample pot of a few colors and brush them on the walls here and there, then watch throughout the day as the light changes before you decide. Personally, I'm too impatient (and maybe lazy?) to do all that!
September 23, 2013 at 6:21pm   
silk789
Maybe try black trim, which would link with the furniture and door, and walls white/cream like the colour in the rug. Might be rather outragous, but would certainly be modern and be a bit of a feature. Could i also suggest a different light & fan, maybe linking with your black dinning room light which would help tie it all together. Lovely lounge though :)
September 23, 2013 at 7:05pm   
Are pendent lights going out of style?
Redoing my kitchen and someone told me pendent lights...
Ideas for furniture placement/decorating this long room
Ideas appreciated for best furniture placement & decorating/paint...
How would you spend $10,000 in your garden?
If you had a windfall, where would your money go in...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Niches in foyer.
Recently moved in and can't figure out what to do with...