What to do? What to do?
mrstnm
The hubster and I can't quite figure out what to do with this space. It's our kitchen which flows into our family room. We are on a bit of a budget so using what we have and making a few additions would be ideal. We're not opposed to painting the wall with the windows or even the niche... heck... we're not opposed to much of anything... We know that we need a rug, a casual dining table, window treatments and some wall art. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
mrstnm
A couple more photos...
September 22, 2013 at 7:48PM   
Well for starters I would get the sofa off the wall and float it in front of the TV/fireplace. Bring over the chairs too and create a conversation/viewing arrangement.
September 22, 2013 at 7:50PM     
I know you will have a lot of space but that can be worked on later. If you get the sofa centered, you could take that black sofa table by the front door and put it behind the sofa.
September 22, 2013 at 7:53PM     
Looking closer I now see all those wires running off the tv over to that wall by the door-NO-NO not good. They have products on the market that you can eliminate all this. Go to an electronic store and inquire about it.
September 22, 2013 at 7:57PM     
simplify52
Is the tv too large to fit into the niche on the wall? It seems the height of it being above the fireplace would hurt your neck. I agree with everything that Margo C is saying. Your home looks to be absolutely lovely and with a little tweeking, it will be perfect!
September 22, 2013 at 8:33PM   
mrstnm
Thanks ladies! We will work on these suggestions and see what we get. Margo C... I know about the wires... we've been here for a few weeks and want to have them threaded through the wall but haven't gotten around to it yet. Simplify52, the TV could fit into the niche we weren't sure if (even with the tilt/swivel mount) we'd be able to see the TV from the kitchen (future casual dining table/space). It actually hasn't been bad because the TV tilts down a little.
We lucked out this weekend and picked up a dining table a chairs off Craig's list. It'll be my first DIY project so it should help take up some of the space. I'll post updated picks once the projects are complete. Thanks so much for the feedback!
September 23, 2013 at 7:34PM     
Help - Exposed Brick Gone Wrong
Hello All - Today I finally had the courage to get...
1925 Dark Wood Trim: To Keep or Not to Keep?
So we are buying a home, and usually design comes very...
Optional trim for Viking range
I am having a quartz countertop installed, and ordered...
Please help this large ugly wall!
Hi ! I have this large wall in my family room, the...
Front Door Makeover
Our indoor renovation is completed and now we are on...