OLLD 9/23
mefor
September 23, 2013
Good Monday morning to you all, hope there's great weather and good projects and something to keep you all busy in a way that makes you happy. :)
mefor
That's a gorgeous day yesterday at the entrance to the inlet. Perfect conditions. :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 2:35AM
handymam
Hello mforr! Fancy meeting you here, lol! Today is the dinner I am in charge of. I am less worried about it now that people have signed up. Off to make some decorations for the table so it doesn't look dull and boring. As it has in the past. (Did I say that?)
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 5:34AM
handymam
What are you up to today?
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 5:38AM
mefor
Hi handy, imagine that!!! I thought you might be missing me. :)
What kind of decorations are you going to make? Fusilli soccer players? ;)
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 5:40AM
mefor
Did you hear that mick jagger will be a great grandfather next year? Wow. Kind of crazy, the great grandfather of rock?
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 5:43AM
handymam
Funny you should say that! I once made a ceterpiece for a party I had using pasta. I stuck fusilli (yes, you were correct mind twin) into a styrofoam block and put it into a decorative tin. It was quite the conversation starter.

Today I am just making a bunch of penants that will hang down across the front of the food table (it is sports, after all...) with Go, (name of team!) And of course, the soccer ball images.
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 5:44AM
handymam
I had not heard that, but then, I am not a fan of the stones. Never got them...or what the big deal was...(shielding myself from the rotton tomatoes! )
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 5:46AM
mefor
Handy!!! No "Angie" or "Ruby Tuesday", "Sympathy for the Devil"? For shame my dear friend. It's all a part of the mosaic of rock'n'roll.
I'll forgive this massive transgression because I like you so darn much. :)
I only just heard it on the news this morning, thought it was so weird, though why should it be, he's not exactly a spring chicken.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 5:57AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Morning ladies...........it's a beautiful day here.......at least I can enjoy it from my chair in the studio, may even make a foray outside and sit in the sun for a bit......

"not exactly a spring chicken..".......more like an old broke down banny rooster and has been for years. There comes a time when old rock and rollers should hang up the skin tight pants, cover their bare chest and just retire.........Mick, your hair is gray, you have an old man's butt and most of the time you need or should have oxygen..........time to retire and live off your royalties .....
4 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:08AM
mefor
STK, he doesn't even have an old man butt anymore, I think it's actually inverted now, lol. Yes, I kind of think he should have put away all the skin tight everything's back in the 80's, but maybe I'm being a little mean. Still can't take away from those great songs of the sixties and seventies. I was only one when "Sympathy for the Devil" was released, they've been around a long, long time. Rooster, hahaha.
I hope you'll get out in the sun, great weather today, get that vitamin D. But don't overdo the activities, keep both hips happy until you get that replacement. I'm so happy for you .:)
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:18AM
kimdee24
Good morning everyone! I was never much of a Stones fan either. Never got the whole Mick appeal myself. I love it when the old rockers come to town, it's funny to see some of them still trying to rock it. Some still have it, others, not so much.

What's happening today?
3 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:50AM
Jayme H.
Good morning everyone. Hope u get out and enjoy the day STK.
Mick Jagger...IDK he had my brief attention in the 80's, I had an album. Never did find him all that attractive or musical. He doesn't have a great range IMO. I am a Grandma, so I can believe he is going to be a great grandfather. As for his ass...sounds like there is no meat left, which immediately makes me think of pressure ulcers. I do give him credit for hanging in there, however.
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 7:24AM
mefor
Oh, we are a mean bunch, lol. I never thought he was attractive, but I do like like early stones music.
Hi Kimdee, hi Jayme, what are you up to today?
Is the boat still visiting the lake Jayme? Or is Chuck very wrapped up in projects?
Kimdee, practice today? working on the short game? Do you watch golf on TV?
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 7:34AM
Linda
Mick Jagger's talent isn't so much musical as it is the business side. His business sense is why he made so much money when other, more talented peopled have faltered. Although he didn't graduate, he studied at the London School of Economics (a few years ahead of my husband) and that's a very good school.

I'm going to try to help my business partner set a tub today. I've not been working with him on the latest project house since he likes to talk about how my ways of doing things causes problems. Since he has run into at least as many problems without me around, I'm hoping he's figured out that I don't cause the problems. I made a comment the other day that he didn't even realize all the things I do around a project site and he agreed with that one.... he's been calling me looking for items, asking about sizes, wondering about which items had already been purchased... plus he's been doing lots of running around since he doesn't have someone else making sure to think about the projects and bring tools and supplies which might be needed. It's been a bit of tough love but I think he's starting to understand the value of having me around and why he needs me
3 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 7:40AM
kimdee24
Hi Michele -- today is a work day. Got some stuff to do. Golf season is almost over sadly, so my practice will all be on-course. We had our ladies league closer on Tuesday so that's done for the year but we will still play Tuesdays until the course closes. I sometimes watch golf on TV but not that often, I'd rather be playing than watching.

I bought some paint this weekend, BM Newburg Green for the guest room, and a gallon of Advance waterbourne alkyd, tinted to match the trim in the room, for painting a dresser that will go in there. I also bought two nightstands from Ikea, which of course are bright white. Now I'm wishing I'd bought the Advance in white to match the nightstands instead. But I'm stuck with it now. Maybe I'll just leave the nightstands alone and just paint the dresser.

BTW, I almost fell over at the paint store. One gallon of Aura, one gallon of Advance and a quart of primer = $180. Good grief. I better like these colors.
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 7:58AM
mefor
Linda, I'm glad he's starting to realize that you're a valuable asset to the operation, he should have realized that a long time ago. Though I know, he's a bit if a diva, lol. As long as he gives you the credit you deserve and perhaps back off on some of the unnecessary criticisms, I might almost start to like him, but I don't know about that. I'm still hoping and cheering for a like minded, go getter woman to partner up with. You guys would have the engineering and the ideas, hire some brawn. :)
Kimdee, sounds like a nice combo, which ikea nightstands did you get? Isn't it amazing how expensive painting projects have become? I know that the paints have been made safer, and they're easier to use, and bad for you additives are not being used, but could the paint really be that much more expensive to produce or are they taking advantage? It used to be such an inexpensive way to redecorate or update a piece of furniture. Now you have to make sure if a piece is worth buying paint for, lol.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 8:14AM
kimdee24
I bought the Hemnes one drawer nightstands, they were cheap, $60 each. So if I painted them, and wrecked them (probably not but who knows), it wouldn't be a big deal. I might just leave them alone, we'll see how they look after I paint the dresser.

The dresser is nice, has clean lines, but it's light maple which has turned yellow over the years so it looks terrible. It's just a guest room, so I don't really want to buy anything new for in there, I should be able to paint it and make it look better and maybe change the hardware out too.

I love BM products and I keep buying them because I know what to expect, but yeah... pricy.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 8:24AM
mefor
Well, good luck and I hope you'll post pics of your project for us, I love to see items brought back to life. :)
    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 8:32AM
kimdee24
Before and Afters, for sure!
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by mefor    September 23, 2013 at 8:40AM
armygirl1987
Hey all been a crazy past few days but hanging in there. Family is so important no matter how crazy they are. Kimdee, you better have some pics. Michele, that is a beautiful pic cannot wait to come visit. Hey grandma (Jayme) that is. Hope all is well. STK-take care hon.
2 Likes    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 1:26PM
mefor
Hey, soul sista, it was such a lovely day yesterday. How about we hitch a ride on that sailboat? :)
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 1:35PM
Linda
Kimdee - I hear you about paint! Benjamin Moore is just too expensive for me. I had enough sticker shock when I went to Pittsburgh this week for another gallon of exterior trim paint and it rang up at a discounted $51...shelf price is $66. I was able to talk them into matching the price from the first batch for that job...I only bought it back in May so shouldn't have too much more. Part of the problem with the one coat paint with primer is you don't get as much coverage. I won't bitch too much as long as a get single coat coverage, but if I have to use two coats, I'll drop back to their midrange product.

Pittsburgh has a great product that we've used for trim and cabinets called Breakthrough which is a fast drying, really hard finish like a traditional oil paint. I used to think it was expensive, but it is about the same price and goes lots farther. If it supposed to be OK for exterior use so I'm thinking I might try it for trimwork, But, I'm not a fast painter so I don't know if it will be too hard to me to work with. I might end up with so many lap marks it will look like a crazy textured stripe wallpaper!
    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 2:25PM
armygirl1987
Miichele-let me know when and where....How has everyone's day been, still working Kimdee.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 5:38PM
mefor
We've got to catch up to him, you head north and I'll head south, he was headed south yesterday. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:13PM
armygirl1987
Who was headed south, you know that I am slow.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:41PM
mefor
The sailor sailing the sailboat was sailing south.
Say that fast 10 times, lol
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:45PM
armygirl1987
Oh wow, really at this time of the night. LOL
1 Like    Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:47PM
OLLD 6/26
Morning all! I have a question for you, kittypa! ...
OLLD 9/30
Well.......it's another gray and overcast misty day...
S. Thomas Kutch
OLLD 9/1
I can't believe it's September already. There are trees...
kimdee24
OLLD 6/23
My turn to start! I'm sitting at work bored and its...
Robin W
OLLD 10/23
Good morning OLLD ladies!
creeser
Do these pillows work?
Just wanted to get Some feedback on everything so far....
mjyofee
help picking bedroom wall color
We are redoing our master bedroom. Found red and Grey...
pmportz
I need a new rug for this room...
Room is about 12.5" x 12.5". I need a rug that will...
Debbie
Window treatments for kitchen slider & windows that meet in corner
We'd like to add some privacy and character to our...
jillmmax
Living room decor assistance needed!
Been renovating our living room since May 2014, added...
cozy4unme