Masterbedroom empty wall
dhoy
I want to make the master bedroom a little cozier. I need to keep the matchy matchy furniture even though I usually mix it up. I have several family photos and have tried creating a gallery on the empty wall with
charcoal frames of various sizes and shapes. It didn't look right. Also, would an area rug under the bed help? I like variations of midnight blue as possible subtle color pop. Thanks for your help.
Take mirror on wall and hang 7" above headboard, long ways. On that wall hang a big art with tones of colors, red, yellow etc. get 36x36" center on wall low. On other wall nothing. What are floors? If wood go area rug. Otherwise no. Get a 8 x10 push 4 ft under foot of bed. Go a dark red and cream traditional design.
September 23, 2013 at 9:03am        Thanked by dhoy
You have to much dark brown. Put red, teal, some red prints pillows on bed. Add a dark red throw to foot of bed. Change shades on lamps to white.
September 23, 2013 at 9:05am        Thanked by dhoy
If you can get 4 more of small mirrors over bed. Then place on that side wall group closer together 2" between and place 3 across and 3 under them. 3" between top and bottom. Instead of mirror over bed put art. I suggested before.would add color and interest.
September 23, 2013 at 9:11am      Thanked by dhoy
Lydia (Kazza Design)
FYI.....you don't need to put something on every wall. You already have a mirror over the tall dresser so I suggest removing the other one. Replace the drapery for some that have more texture and weight. Adding a rug would instantly cozy up your room. You coud also replace the table lamps and ceiling fixture (if there is one). You mentioned midnight blue so I chose items with that colour.
September 23, 2013 at 9:45am        Thanked by dhoy
mpmoates
I agree with travisinteriors on the mirror idea for the blank wall but I would suggest a collage instead, starting with the four mirrors already in the room and adding a few more. You may have others in your home you could add. Draw the wall out to scale and make cutouts of the existing mirror shapes and move them around. That will give you an idea of the "missing parts" so you can purchase additional mirrors in the right size and shape. I agree with leaving the small wall on the window side blank. The dresser does not need the mirror behind the floral arrangement. Mirrors on that wall will also add some reflected light from the window.
September 23, 2013 at 9:48am      Thanked by dhoy
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Suggestions for over the bed. Add pillows with different textures and shapes. Replace the rocking chair for a cozier one.
September 23, 2013 at 9:49am        Thanked by dhoy
dhoy
Those are great ideas. I especially like the off white and blue tones. What about this rug from Pottery Barn? The floors are oak hard wood.
September 23, 2013 at 10:03am     
dhoy
Where can I find the birch tree painting and the other off white pictures?
September 23, 2013 at 10:05am   
dhoy
Lydia, I only hung that long mirror on the wall because I wanted a full length mirror for getting ready in the morning and that is an old one I had. I was thinking of possibly an easel for it but wasn't sure where to get one or where to put it in the room.
September 23, 2013 at 10:20am   
dhoy
Where can I display family photos?
September 23, 2013 at 10:21am   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
I figured that's why the mirror was on that wall. I actually like that mirror......would you be able to hang it on the inside of the closet door?
The rug from Pottery Barn is quite nice also......it has very warm tones. The art and chair are from ZGallerie. All the rest including the botanical frames are from Restoration Hardware.
September 23, 2013 at 12:59pm      Thanked by dhoy
Lydia (Kazza Design)
You could remove the mirror over the tall dresser and have a gallery wall of family pictures instead. In this case I would prefer symmetrical like the second pic but you could also have different frames.
September 23, 2013 at 1:10pm      Thanked by dhoy
dhoy
Thank you so much. those are all doable and helpful.
September 23, 2013 at 1:19pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Glad to help! :)
September 23, 2013 at 1:42pm      Thanked by dhoy
janeinfo
I found four botanical prints off etsy and had them framed at Hobby Lobby and put over our headboard. Added tons of color to my master bedroom of neutrals. Total project was less than $80 dollars.
September 23, 2013 at 2:38pm      Thanked by dhoy
abbyjean
I really like how you have that tall dresser arranged! I might move that centerpiece just a bit so you can see yourself in the mirror, though. Let THAT be the only mirror in your room. Choose ONE of the walls next to your bed....big open walls....and make those your picture gallery. If there is room, I can see floating shelves being very nice in here for the pics. And here I go again, but I can see an iron scroll piece over the bed....to go along with your lamps, which I love!
September 23, 2013 at 6:17pm        Thanked by dhoy
spitfire60
I actually put my long mirror on a wall on the Bathroom wall when I repainted it, I love it, or you could do inside the door
September 25, 2013 at 3:57am      Thanked by dhoy
dhoy
Abbyjean, I had a gallery on floating shelves and also tried just the picture gallery. I must have been doing something wrong, because the room looked too busy for me. Also, my closet door is narrower than the full length mirror. I don't have to use that mirror, but I already had it. Honestly, I didn't realize that all my decor was mirrors. I guess because they are inexpensive and add light.
September 25, 2013 at 4:54am   
ArtFromDenise
dhoy, the birch tree art posted above is 64''W x 40''H. That may be too large. What do you think Travis?
September 25, 2013 at 3:11pm      Thanked by dhoy
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Counter top on front-load washer/dryer
I have always thought I would want a countertop on...
Ranch house exterior update!
I plan to add a 2 1/2 car garage, an office and a backyard...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Kitchen Dilemma
We are renting this home therefore I am stuck with...