what color is the brick painted

emmamiwhiteSeptember 23, 2013
I also would love to know the color of the brick paint used here.I have a rustic red brick fireplace and would love to update it more since I live in florida. Im not really into the white brick fireplace.....I think this dark color looks rich and may work for me.
Family Room · More Info
emmamiwhite
what color walls would be nice around the fire place to make it a focus?
    Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 12:38PM
Paul Rice Architecture
The fireplace above is a black brick. It was not painted. But you could paint yours a dark gray-black and get the same effect. Don't use a very glossy paint, though. Keep the walls around it in a lighter hue.
3 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by emmamiwhite    September 29, 2013 at 12:14PM
fauxfloral
the black brick is gorgeous-can you tell me what brand it is, name of color and/or where I could get it? I love the whole room. Thanks
3 Likes    Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 8:00PM
mekrikulous
Looking at the photo it seems there is red brick just inside the fireplace. Is the black brick a veneer or thin brick? It looks like a stain when looking at the edge of the fireplace opening. Thanks!
1 Like    Bookmark   November 29, 2013 at 6:43AM
Rebecca
I too noticed the interior red brick. That confused me a bit. If the black brick is indeed black and not painted, why is the interior brick a different color? Is it possible they used a different brick for the interior because the black brick can't withstand the heat of a fire?
    Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 1:54PM
Paul Rice Architecture
The black brick is a thin brick and you can see that at the edge. We used a light red brick for the interior of the firebox.
2 Likes    Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 2:05PM
Denise Ptacek
I really love this look. Is there a way to recreate this variation on a fireplace that is already painted? I was considering painting it just black....but would love the richness of variation.
    Bookmark   February 15, 2014 at 5:56AM
Brea Albritton
I have seen people stain their brick :) Looks really good & you could probably get this exact color!
    Bookmark   November 11, 2014 at 11:20AM
Choosing Cabinets for Kitchen Renovation! Please help...
Currently planning my kitchen renovation. I have already...
Toni
kitchen/laundry
Help me with my tiny kitchen!!! I have to make it work...
mcbartz
Bathroom Rugs
What color should we go with for some bath rugs ?
suzmue
Worn kitchen cabinets
My kitchen cabinets are 15 years old and they just...
Kim Kelly