Master closet dimensions
hrhpri
Our master closet is approximately 18.5x 8.5 feet. This is before any shelving goes in on the sides and ends. I am wondering if we may have enough room for skinny drawers in the middle of the closet, or possibly a sitting or storage bench? Thank you.
Brenda
hanging clothes take up 2 feet. so if you have hanging clothes on both sides of the 8 1/2' width, that only leaves you with 4 1/2' of walking space -- which is generous, but not enough to add another piece of furniture.
   September 24, 2013 at 11:08AM
Amy Canary
A peninsula may work but an island would make a tight space even if shelves on one wall and hanging on the other.
   September 24, 2013 at 7:52PM
DMH DESIGN
Hrhpri--I agree with Brenda and Amy. With a closet of this dimension, I would consider placing a 3' bench on opposite sides of the long walls, or at least on one side of the room opposite the door, as a full length mirror could be placed on the closet side of the door. Happy Houzzing.
   October 3, 2013 at 11:21AM
Help with coffee table
Hi. I want to replace my coffee table. Can you please...
Need opinions on window heights, sliding door stuff, view, etc..
Hey everyone! I have a nice view of the mountains on...
Help me design my living room, please!!!!
Good Morning everyone Please help me feel in colors....
Please help me design my living room.
I am attempting to plan a remodel of my living room...