Must Choose Lighting!
skcihca
After renovating my mcm house over a year, I am tired and broke. I had all existing lighting removed from the kitchendiningliving room. The original plan was to do can lights throughout and select a fun fixture for over the dining table. I like the smaller, bare bulb fixture. That reminded me of the PB Edison which I found at a steal. I think the two would be enough ceiling lights and would save some $. But are these fixtures already hopelessly passe'?
indianpatti
I don't think so .. still fun!

Do you have a pic to post of your dining table .. maybe there is an even better light that others would suggest.
September 24, 2013 at 4:51PM      Thanked by skcihca
Alexandra Saumier
September 24, 2013 at 5:05PM      Thanked by skcihca
skcihca
Thanks, Indianpatti. I don't have a photo of the table. In fact, I may not have the table. Haven't decided if I'm keeping my old one. Either way, it will be mcm with very simple lines. I'm confident with mixing styles/eras/colors. And normally confident with my taste in general. But the electricians are coming this week! And I loved the pb edison since it first came out, which reminds me it has been awhile.
September 24, 2013 at 5:10PM   
Genevieve
Are these energy savers ? I was walking under light fixtures this morning and could feel the heat from them ,it might be good for the Winter months but not for the scorching days of Summer. I would look for some other ideas .
September 24, 2013 at 5:10PM   
skcihca
Thanks, Alexandra. And thanks for introducing me to that blog. Although I had thought that black would be right in my big, white space, making the fixture white makes it so simple, it's timeless. That might be the ticket.
September 24, 2013 at 5:16PM   
Cindy Quinton
Okay, I am going to admit I laughed WITH you at being tired and broke! We bought a fantastic bank owned eighties Tudor, and while we love it, replacing every light fixture, total kitchen reno, and what seems like simply endless work, we are both a bit tired and a lot broke! I love the fixture, do it. Also, just remember that as far as changing the look of a place, changing a light fixture later can be done relatively cheaply, and without tearing up everything around it.
September 24, 2013 at 5:25PM      Thanked by skcihca
September 24, 2013 at 5:30PM   
Cindy Quinton
Examples...
September 24, 2013 at 5:33PM   
skcihca
Excellent point, Genevieve. I did find Edison bulbs at 20, 25 and 30 watts. It seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to address that.
September 24, 2013 at 5:45PM   
skcihca
Thanks, Cindy! Since the electricians are descending this week, I'm feeling pressured, too. It's a little better, though, thanks to the good people of houzz. So far, no one says these fixtures are played out. It looks like my confidence is being restored as we speak. I don't need my forever lights, if there is such a thing, just something to work until my nerves and finances have recovered.
September 24, 2013 at 5:55PM   
Bathroom wall color for 2 bathrooms
Not sure what color to paint these bathrooms, should...
Wall color
Looking to add a new wall color. Something that will...
Need opinions on color of mantle for refaced fireplace...thanks
Refaced our fireplace with stone and replaced the hearth...
Anyone know where to get this sofa?
I saw this sofa in a picture but no labels on where...
Update my foyer please!
Our home was built in 1900 and is a classic American...