Need help decorating my living room wall
vxm4020
September 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need help decorating my living room wall please. As you can see I already have a console table and a mirror, but I'm undecided as to what I should next to the mirror. Also, I need ideas as to what furniture I should use to cover up the outlets near the ground. Help please!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
abbyjean
Love the table and the mirror, but I would like to suggest that you switch the direction of the mirror and then lower it. Then post again so we can see about what to put on the table.
September 24, 2013 at 7:27pm     
abbyjean
How about a big palm plant in the right hand corner.....it would fill the area, be next to a window and cover that outlet. I do not like looking at outlets, either. If you would like to share more of your room, it might easier to think of something for the left side of the console.
September 24, 2013 at 7:28pm     
Britt Domke
I think you need a bigger mirror.. Or maybe turn it so it is tall instead of white. Then possibly some artwork pairing or candle sconces on each side. For the plugins, you could go with bookcases or upholstered benches. If you don't use the plugins you could also just put some wainscotting on (with hinged doors where the plugins are if you need them one day) but i realise that is probably overly complicating the issue. :)
September 24, 2013 at 7:32pm     
Carolyn Stubbs
I am thinking a tall narrow tree plant in the left corner, turn mirror to tall instead of wide and lower a bit, and make an "arrangement" of small pictures on wall between mirror and window for balance. Another idea to take away attention from bottom outlets would be to put chair rail which could possibly help deflect one's attn from outlets. Use colorful flower arrangement on table.
September 24, 2013 at 8:08pm     
abbyjean
Could all of those outlets be painted to match the walls? That would also help disguise them.
September 24, 2013 at 8:16pm     
Margo
I would put a long cabinet such as this to cover most of the outlets. You could still use the mirror but with addl. pieces;)

September 24, 2013 at 8:18pm