Need help to buy Stainless Steel kitchen sink of dimensions 43" by 22"
srigrandhi
I need to replace the existing skin (43" by 22") with stainless steel sink in the kitchen. I need to purchase the sink. Can you please help me as to what options of sink I have with the dimensions mentioned above.
catieb
Undermount or drop-in?
September 24, 2013 at 11:07PM   
Brenda
If I were you I could go to Home Depot's kitchen department. They have ring binders of all the major sink brands, and the dimensions will be listed next to each sink photo.
September 25, 2013 at 5:19AM   
srigrandhi
my sink is undermount
September 28, 2013 at 8:40AM   
soberg
I'd try Build.com and use their search function, which has all the dimensions. Good luck finding an exact fit..... :-o
September 28, 2013 at 8:52AM   
catieb
Okay, can you tell why you're replacing it?

It appears to be an installation up against a window, with no wall for the back of part of the sink structure to butt up to and what looks like an inch of counter top material for the sink to attach to at the rear, and all new faucets etc......I have concerns that the sliver of countertop behind the sink will survive, depending on how this sink is installed.

Are you planning to replace countertop material too?

I had already gone thru the build.com resource as soberg suggested, and there are several sinks that will be close to fitting this opening. Selection is personal based on your needs - are you looking for two sinks? A different configuration of three?

Or - are you replacing this just because the finish is aged? If you like the sink and just want it to look new, I suggest you call a few companies that do tub refinishing. The existing looks like enameled cast iron andcan be refinished. Get the companies to quote refinishing your sink. It can stay in place; you can have another color for the final coating. If you go this route, really question each company's materials and most importantly their preparation! You may have to change how you maintain the sink afterwards as that impacts how long and how well the finish lasts.

If you're a DIYer....it is possible to refinish yourself, but I have no experience with that. Except to say - prep, prep, prep. And if you are going to change out yourself - look at how this one is installed and study how to take it apart. Hope this helps
September 28, 2013 at 9:44AM     
belleandlucy
American standard has some great sinks, reasonable prices, that is where I will be getting mine.
September 28, 2013 at 9:56AM   
Someone's in the Kitchen, Inc.
I see what Catie is seeing at the rear of the sink, but as I look closer, it seems that there may actually be 4" or so of counter flat behind the sink, which would help a lot. That's an important bit of information, Sri... And the exact size of the opening in your countertop is crucial, as is the space inside the cabinetry below it.

This looks to me like a Kohler Trieste cast iron sink, under-mounted in granite. As Catie suggests, the vast majority of new under-mount stainless sinks are going to place the faucets in the stone deck behind the sink. And it's my guess that your opening might be too large front-to-back for most of these sinks.

This is not an easy DIY project, Sri... Since its porcelain finish seems to be badly cracked in one spot, I would not suggest trying to re-finish this sink. And there is likely a support system below this heavy sink, which will need to be removed or modified for a different sink. ...easier with another sink of the same type, different color?

Good Luck! Mark
September 28, 2013 at 10:06AM   
I like the one sink look. Not 3 like above. Divided is fine. It's the grage that matters. A 16 is very good the lower the number the better.
September 28, 2013 at 10:11AM   
catieb
Wow....with my glasses on it's a whole new world!
September 28, 2013 at 10:12AM   
Why do you need to replace it? Is it porcelain on cast iron?
I would trade you my $$$$ stainless sink for yours in a heartbeat. I would just upgrade the faucets.

Here is a photo of someone who deliberately went looking for just what you have…

September 28, 2013 at 10:14AM   
Do under mount. Lowes sell nice ones.
September 28, 2013 at 10:26AM   
srigrandhi
It is a cast iron
September 28, 2013 at 12:26PM   
Carie Gentry
I think your biggest issue, will be finding an under-mount sink that has the same dimensional cut out as the current sink. Kohler has a pretty large undermount sink, but the shape may be different.

www.us.kohler.com/us/Kitchen-Sinks-Undermount-Sinks/category/651536/432790.htm#id=filters&chk-4294967098=4294967098&chk-4294966826=4294966826

I have had more interest in people wanting cast iron, and its a wonderful product...however I understand the need and want of something different and new. Just do your homework before you purchase because like I mentioned before, finding the correct fit will be the hardest part.
September 28, 2013 at 12:36PM   
need help for stainless steel kitchen sink
Do I want one 30 inch or split in two one larger and...
Need help picking a (stainless steel-probably) kitchen sink. & faucets
I'd like to hear what you like of dislike about your...
Need info on Stainless Steel Kitchen sink.
Are there different grades of steel for a stainless...
Need help choosing a stainless steel under mounted sink and faucet
So many options and prices! Looking for quality at...
How do I paint the stair area if I paint all my trim white?
I've got some photos attached for ideas. Paint the...
Need an exterior stain color for my shutters
The style of my house if French Country. The exterior...
Need help picking exterior paint color - need to replace the yellow
We would like to update the exterior color of our house,...
Living room without a fireplace
We recently purchased a home and the great room/living...
Need help with shutters and front door colors.
I recently had a new roof put on my house, I took off...