debbm
December 7, 2011 in Photo Questions
I'm trying to layout pictures along my stairs with a similar style but have no idea which pictures to use and how to lay out. I have mostly 8 x 10 pictures (and smaller) in frames so not sure if I should have some pics enlarged to make it more interesting like this.
Kasey Buick
I had all my photos printed at Costco which gives you the option of some larger prints. Ie: 12x20.
I also mixed up the color with black and white. I also love the look of a smaller print inside a larger frame. I took all the glass out of the frames so there was no glare, and used masking tape.
0 Likes   December 7, 2011 at 10:26AM
debbm
thanks that helps I'll go to Costco. How did you use the masking tape - to hold the pics in the frames?
0 Likes   December 7, 2011 at 11:39AM
City Girls Decor
You might be able to get this look too by using mats. Buy larger frames, maybe 11x14's or even larger and use matting in a coordinating color to help from your 8x10 inch photos.
0 Likes   June 27, 2012 at 4:54PM
Chandani
I agree on Costco- great prices for printing and for frames! Yes, definitely use a variety of sizes, but try to create cohesion by using similar frames/matts. I did a similar family gallery wall that also has both black & white and colour. The frames are all black of different thicknesses with crisp white matts. You could always spray paint frames....
0 Likes   June 27, 2012 at 10:42PM
Kimberly Johnston
Easy way to do the layout---take paper bags, trace your frames that you'll be using onto them, cut them out. Then use tape to move the paper "frames" around until you like the arrangement. Once you like the effect, then hang your frames. Saves unwanted holes in the wall. :)
0 Likes   October 26, 2014 at 6:38AM
Does anyone know the manufacturer of these pendants?
I am so in love with these pendants but can't find...
roktta
I have a niche in the entry of my new mid century house...
It's approx 2 ft wide and 4 ft tall. Currently have...
lattebugg
Need help designing a beautiful deck for this majestic building!
We recently purchased an old building overlooking the...
halloj
My LR is missing something...
Happy holidays! I used a lot of your great advice...
ng999
Height of couch end tables
In my new transitional/contemporary home, I want to...
nancykeasler