OLLD 9/26
kimdee24
September 26, 2013 in Other
Good morning everyone, rise and shine! What do we think about the new board look? (Or is it just me again?) At first I thought it was just on my laptop, but it is the same on my desktop computer too. What's on the agenda for today, any special plans? Me... a bit of work, some laundry, that's about it.
mefor
I like this change, very clean and streamlined, also seems a bit more "upscale", lol.
I do think the text is a bit too faint, slightly, and there's no need for the thumbs up to be so bold. Also, love that the edit is easier to use, I don't have to contract the iPad or iPhone screen to make the box fit or to hit the submit button. Do you like it?
I posted to your discussion, how fun is that? Love a blank slate, that's going to be a great project to plan over the winter :)
My day will basically be the same as yours. Not fun, but not terrible either :)
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 8:45AM
kimdee24
I like the font, but I think that the headlines are too large, and the body text is a bit too small. And I don't like that I can't see as much of the last post from the main page as I could before.

Yep, the basement is a blank slate, and it's fun to have a project to think about. Not sure when I'll actually get to it, or have the funds to get to it, maybe in mid-winter but it's good to get my thoughts working on what I want that space to be.
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 8:50AM
mousemaker
it's easier to read, glad we can edit and delete posts. wish I had special plans but I think it's BAU today :) (business as usual)
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 8:51AM
kimdee24
Morning Mouse! We could always edit/delete... I was hoping they'd remove the time limit on thread deletion but I see that is still not possible. Or better still, a "resolved dilemma" button that prevents new posts on a thread once the dilemma is solved to the original author's satisfaction.
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 8:53AM
mefor
Mouse, I love your Beatrix Potter profile pic. :)
0 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 8:54AM
mefor
I think the resolved dilemma would be great. Lots of things go on toooooooo long, for everyone, especially the OP. Even though they don't need to keep notifications on. But if someone comes in later (and doesn't read the rest) they will just post and "perpetuate the unnecessary".
0 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 9:00AM
kimdee24
Agreed... I don't know how many times one of my own threads has resurfaced long after the original problem has been solved.
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 9:02AM
olldcan
Morning, anyone have an idea as to where I can hide 30 loads of clay/sand... That's the kind of day I'm having here :( I'll post a few pics once I figure out how to do it on my phone.
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 9:56AM
mefor
Well, let me get my hard hat, I'll meet you at the site ;)
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 10:04AM
olldcan
When I tap on "attach images" the choose file box lightens and is inoperable. Any advice, using an iPhone?
0 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 10:06AM
olldcan
Please bring us a coffee, it's a little chilly :)
0 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 10:07AM
mefor
Want a little whiskey in it? I know it's a little early, but you'll warm right up ;D
0 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 10:14AM
mefor
I don't know why that would happen. Try the take photo option and take a new pic (if you can still take it) :)
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 10:15AM
olldcan
Why would you even ask, bring lots hahaha.
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 10:18AM
mefor
You should definitely pop some of those little hand warmers into your pockets, it gets cold standing around the site for extended time, even if it doesn't feel that cold when you first get there. Plus, if there's a breeze off the lake. Brrrrrrrr. Always dress as if it was much cooler out. Because after standing there for an hour, it will definitely feel like it is.
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 10:23AM
Jeannie Nguyen
Hey ladies! We're having a Live Houzz Chat going on right now about remodeling tips. Feel free to drop by and say hi! :) http://www.houzz.com/discussions/665633/Houzz-Live-Chat--Remodeling-Tips
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 11:18AM
kimdee24
Thanks Jeannie!
0 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 12:02PM
mousemaker
sorry Jeannie, it's koffee klatch over here :)
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 2:12PM
mefor
With a little something extra for the cold, ;)
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 2:14PM
mousemaker
it's nice today though :) I was out gardening. well, to be honest, it was more nuttiness than gardening.
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 2:22PM
kimdee24
It LOOKS nice outside, but it's deceptively chilly. My parents were here this morning, and my step-dad pulled out all my dead flowers for me! Win!
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 2:36PM
mefor
We are very lucky, it's supposed to stay in the low to mid seventies for high and upper 40's and low 50's for lows, until at least the end of next week, probably longer. Unless something weird happens with the storm in the gulf, we won't have any rain until a week from Saturday. Guess my grass is finally going to stop being lush and green. Hope plants at beach are strong enough to get by without too much water. Thinking we should have put in an inground sprinkler system.

What kind of nuttiness, mouse? Is this the reshaping of the front beds, or reformatting anyway? Or were you gathering nuts like a squirrel?

Kimdee, wouldn't he like to come and pull mine out too? Double winning!!!! :)
0 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 2:51PM
S. Thomas Kutch
Evening ladies..........we're in the comfortable low to mid 80's with low humidity.......nanny, nanny, boo, booooooo...........as if it's doing me much good. Surgery date can't get here soon enough.

I did pull out a couple of annuals today that went to the annual home in the sky........does that count?

And, I'm trying really hard to convince Kimdee to adopt me and let me help her turn her basement into a big studio space for US..........
3 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 3:04PM
Arlo Rose
The thumb is too big, isn't it? We'll fix that this evening. :-)
1 Like   Thanked by kimdee24    September 26, 2013 at 4:06PM
mefor
Thank you Arlo, are you a Houzz programmer? Or just an interesting person with a strange thumb fetish? :)
2 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 4:08PM
Arlo Rose
I run design here at Houzz.
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 4:43PM
olldcan
Done!!!!! Stuffed it into every nook and cranny I could find. I'm freezing and look ridiculous waiting for my Japanese pick up in 2 down filled jackets, oh well :) it happens
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 4:47PM
kimdee24
Nice to meet you, Arlo! Actually, I think the size of the thumb is okay, but maybe it if were grey or green instead of black it wouldn't stick out like, well, a sore thumb! (Sorry, the graphic designer in me is kicking in.)
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 4:49PM
Arlo Rose
There's a smaller one that looks better with the text around it. Also, because of the "Thanks" I got, I see that our next project will be fixing the look of all the auto-generated emails. ;-)
2 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 4:57PM
mefor
Nice to virtually meet you :) nice update.
0 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 5:06PM
mefor
Candace, what the heck, can you fit in a Japanese pick up truck with two down jackets on? ;)
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 5:09PM
Jayme H.
Hi everyone! How's it going today?
2 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 5:35PM
olldcan
OMG hahahaha, to answer your question Michele. Not too much. I wasn't referring to a Japanese pick up truck, I was referring to Japanese pick up/take out FOOD, hahahha. I can't even breathe I'm laughing so hard. On my iphone, everything is too small today on Houzz with frozen fingers :) regardless of the 2 jackets.
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 6:41PM
DIAspoton
hi ARLO. glad you popped in. the text seems too small and pale to my tired eyes.
2 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 7:55PM
DIAspoton
hi all. more runninh around and decison making. i'm beat. last years mums are beginning to bloom in my garden. all shades of berry and purples. i need to add some ornamental cabbage and kale. i'll wait til mid october to put in the pansies.
yes,as i type i see this new print is definitely too small and light for my taste.
2 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 7:59PM
armygirl1987
I agree with DIA, I am not liking the font one bit.
2 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 8:15PM
kimdee24
Small type, OLLD eyes....
2 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 8:17PM
olldcan
Seriously, I can do without this new font. I can't see it, it's too small and too light and yes, I have olld eyes. Have to dig out the glasses or shut the lap top off :) Annoying.

Ever wonder why the Optometrist has the smallest add in the yellow pages? Annoying.

Why do the Shampoo and Conditioner Companies use the smallest font for those two words on the bottle, who showers with their glasses on? Annoying.

Maybe i'm just getting tired. Over 200 loads of dirt were moved in the lot over the last 2 days and yes, that was annoying too.
2 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 8:35PM
Ironwood Builders
Hey everyone! Just sent estimates out for my first THREE Houzz jobs....now I sit back and wait for that choking sound. A staircase three hours drive away, a gum panel restoration an hour and a half away and a local job whose owners are 3000 miles away....The Houzz sales team is pushing me to pay $350 a month to have my profile listed on the first page, saying I'll get more local exposure...frankly, I don't think anyone in Sonoma County is on Houzz unless their local pro (already hired) tells them to... I'm grumpy...my studio build is being held up because the landlord doesn't have a proper septic system...on hold for 6 weeks so far and no end in sight...landlord is underfunded and can't afford the new system. Bah humbug. Where a the funny guys in kilts when I need them?
5 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 9:19PM
kimdee24
THREE jobs via Houzz! That's great... good luck! I don't know about Sonoma County but I was browsing for contractors in my area and there really aren't a lot of listings to choose from. Interested in a basement project in frosty Edmonton? Probably not! Sorry to hear your studio project is being delayed, if you're anything like me, I get really antsy when I start something and I just want to get moving on it. I've got paint in the garage and I'm itching to get started but I told myself I had to wait until golf season was over.

Candace -- go to your browser, under 'view' and there might be an option there to "zoom' the page and make the type bigger. I did that on my laptop (the screen is small already, never mind the font change) and it helped a lot. What did you end up doing with all the dirt, just move it around or did you have to haul it away?
1 Like   September 26, 2013 at 9:48PM
studio10001
Right here, Sir David!
6 Likes   September 26, 2013 at 10:15PM
Jayme H.
Ironwood, good to see u here! Great news on the bids! Sorry for your delay in that cool job u r working on.
I am actually advising customers to look at Houzz vs. the other way around, so I hear u on that one....$350/mo seems pretty high!
ND construction is booming, but there r a lot of housing and other social problems in Western ND....around here where we r, we are getting jobs by word of mouth/facebook page, and doing pretty decent so far.
4 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 9:52AM
OLLD 5/26
Where is everybody? It's already almost 4 AM here!...
OLLD 4/26
Morning! Can you believe April is almost over??? ...
OLLD 2/26
Morning everyone! eztia, here's a dilemma with your...
OLLD 6/26
Morning all! I have a question for you, kittypa! ...
OLLD 8/26
Monday, Monday. Morning everyone!! This is for you...
mefor
Take 2... Another attempt to complete my living room & Bedroom
12 Months in and I still haven't embraced my red sofa....
indycoolchick
Show us your favorite Christmas decor piece!
Do you have a favorite ornament that's been in your...
Jeannie Nguyen
Need help with kitchen redesign
Hi - I was hoping to get some ideas on how to redesign...
mystic818
reupholstering a chair
I have chosen several fabrics and would like to order...
smbluehouse
Need help for this bathroom + laundry
Hi Experts! We recently bought a house and need...
paawani