9 Elements for a Budget Bathroom With Style
OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
September 26, 2013 in Other
1. Wall paint. Rich, bright color costs the same as beige, so go for it. Paint creates the greatest impact for the least amount of money, hands down. The right color can open up a cramped space, make a large room feel cozier or add instant personality to a basic bath. And all it takes to create a unique patterns is a great general contractor.
2. Cabinetry. Stock cabinetry comes in such a wide variety of sizes and styles these days that you can easily get a modish look without paying for custom work. Add some simple moldings and trim for a more finished appearance around the edges. If you really want to put your own stamp on it, think paint. As with walls, it's easy and inexpensive to give cabinets a coat of color. Find some low coast cabinets and try painting the door panels one shade and the frames another.
3. Faucets and fixtures. You're not limited to chrome and plastic. Affordable faucets come in trendy finishes that make them look more upscale. A general contractor knows what home centers, plumbing suppliers and online retailers carry a wide selection of faucets in brushed nickel, oil-rubbed bronze and antique brass, often with towel bars and other hardware to complement them.
4. Knobs and pulls. You could spend big bucks on cabinet hardware, but why? There's such a vast selection of fashion-forward finds on the market that you're virtual. Many times, a general contractor will have some extra pieces from prior jobs or maybe pieces that are slightly flawed that you can ask them to sale you. If you do fall in love with high-end tile, consider buying a small quantity to use as an accent strip in the walls or floor.
6. Lighting. If you're remodeling a bathroom, odds are that new lighting is high on your wish list. Think beyond standard flush-mount ceiling fixtures and above-the-mirror strips. Pretty scones, pendants, and chandeliers help to personalize a bathroom and won't add much to the bottom line.
7. Mirrors. Frameless sheet mirrors feel uninspired and bland. Eschew them in favor of eye-catching shapes and chic finishes. You can often find great deals on mirrors in catalogs, retail stores, online or pick up one-of-a-kind finds at your local flea market or antiques shop.
8. Storage. Recessed shelving is relatively easy to install, especially when you design it to fit between wall studs. Alternatively, you could bring in a freestanding unit and paint it to blend with the surrounding walls to tone down its ready-made appearance.
If your renovation includes gutting or retiling the shower, it's simple to include recessed niches in the redesign. You can either buy them preformed or custom cut them, then tile them in.
9. Countertops. If you long for a classic granite or marble slab but your bank account can't handle it, consider stone tiles instead. They cost less and are easier to install. Or look into some of the new laminates on the market, which replicate the look of stone at a fraction of the price.
Great tips.
September 27, 2013 at 5:09am     
need help with my bathroom ? dimensions are 9' by 9'. thank u.
Conditions are both shower area and bath tub are required...
Curb appeal elements, landscaping, and house style
I am stuck on what curb appeal elements are appropriate...
Modern front yard elements for craftsman style home?
Hi, I live in a craftsman-like house in the Bay Area...
Elements of a Modern Bathroom
Many people are shifting from traditional bathrooms...
Bedroom
I just redesigned my bedroom but I am not sure if I...
Living room lighting
Hello there! I am trying to figure out the best way...
Need help to hide this mistake !
Hi, I need an idea to hide this gutter downspout...
Plan makeover to renovate our living room
Our house has no anteroom in it. The orange furnitures...
Can I hang paintings on wall panelling?
I am building a new house with lots of white large...