kschoons
December 7, 2011 in Photo Questions
what is the wall color?
The Shabby Nest
Valspar's Roasted Garlic is a similar color.
December 7, 2011 at 12:51pm   
Susie Inge
is there a benjamin moore or sherwin williams paint color similar to this?
August 28, 2012 at 7:55am     
pamsatherstudio
netsuke sw6134 or believable buff sw6120
August 28, 2012 at 8:02am     
Susie Inge
Thank you Pam!
August 28, 2012 at 8:02am   
pamsatherstudio
netsuke can have a khaki undertone dep on light in a space, which makes it a not too yellow gold
August 28, 2012 at 8:08am   
Susie Inge
That's exactly what I am looking for. Isn't believable buff more brown than gold?
August 28, 2012 at 8:35am   
pamsatherstudio
on wall it turns a little more gold. it's the one i use when ivoire sw6127 gets too buttery
August 28, 2012 at 9:28am   
Susie Inge
Good to know, I will check out both. I have Blonde now but in some areas it is too orangy and ivoire is a little to yellow, or like you said, buttery.
August 28, 2012 at 10:04am   
mjowebster
I have tried to find a color similar to this that will work on my great room walls. I have tried samples of Kilim Beige, Macadamia, Softer Tan, Nomadic Desert and all of them are either too dark or just don't seem to stand out. It is going over a paint that is a very light yellowish color and maybe that's what is throwing everything off. I have no idea how to find a color that will work. It's been a frustrating exercise. Any help or insight would be appreciated.
September 12, 2012 at 6:43pm     
Susie Inge
Mjowebster you are in the same boat that I am!!! I have bought a million samples, have paint splotches all over my wall, little chips hanging everywhere, and I can't find a color that works on my walls. I tried Netsuke and it looked terrible. I have tried almost all of the Benjamin Moore historical colors (Monroe Bisque, Decatuer Buff, Shelburn Buff, Bennington Gray, on and on) and I have tried SW Whole Wheat, Camelback, lots of yellows, and I am back at square one! If I could get a color like this picture I would be happy but I guess it is just not going to happen!!
September 13, 2012 at 7:18am   
Susie Inge
Those are pictures of what I currently have above...
September 13, 2012 at 7:18am   
mjowebster
Susie: Did you try softer tan by SW? It's one of the splotches on my wall and it looks somewhat like the picture on the left. It's a light tan. I am thinking of asking an interior decorate for fear I will have pulled every hair out of my head by now! :)
September 13, 2012 at 11:44am   
Susie Inge
Lol!! I totally understand. Why is it so hard?? I will look at sw softer tan! Thanks for the suggestion-it's one I haven't tried! :)
September 13, 2012 at 1:15pm   
Pat Schernekau
Try SW Relaxed Khaki, Universal Khaki or Quiver Tan
October 14, 2012 at 9:16am     
dcallahan13
Try Benjamin Moore Powell Buff.
December 22, 2012 at 7:18am     
catts5
I'm comforted to know that there are folks with as much trouble with paint color as me. In renovating my home, I've tried upwards of 35 paint cans, and even painted the entire living room entry area, and still it looks so yellowy. Can't seem to get it right. Do "color consultants" provide helpful assistance?
December 26, 2012 at 8:10pm     
rcmclin
I have macadamia and universal kacki and these are not close. I think it's more like BM mellowed ivory. I have a large area painted in it and need therapy after looking at all the paint squares in my kitchen!
February 24, 2013 at 12:06pm   
dryan12965
Catts5 - you should subscribe to Maria Killam's blog. She is a color consultant and just reading it has taught me so much about undertones in neutrals etc. She also provides color consultations...She's great!
February 28, 2013 at 6:52am   
drbabytooth
I had the same issue and also had light yellow walls to paint over. I used Martha Stewart "Reed" from Home Depot. It is warm but not too yellow and not too dark. I am considering the BM Mellowed Ivory for another area of our home since I want a slight green/khaki undertone.
May 6, 2013 at 11:57am   
catts5
I read Maria Killam's book on color - understanding undertones, and it helped me immensely! I recommend it to everyone in my boat who is trapped in cans and cans of BM and SW trial paints! I have now painted my home in Edgecomb Gray, Revere Pewter and Pashmina, and am thrilled with the result. Maria's book laid out for me how the BM colors fit together, and got me to try a shade I never expected. My only regret is that I didn't know about her sooner. Thanks, Dryan12965!
May 6, 2013 at 6:26pm   
Cindy Stephens
Love the light fixture. Shows so nicely with the beautiful arches. Can you please give the company/brand for the light?
August 24, 2013 at 5:27am   
White painted kitchen needs a redo, help!
I need to know what the best paint type and finish...
Painting a dark wood entertainment center in a cream color paint.
I have a dark wood large entertainment center that...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Two fireplaces, one brick, one stone
I have 2 fireplaces that are visible when in the different...