Window Treatments
tsdish
This is the Great Room and I need help with window treatments. I don't want to block our view of the lake but we definitely need something.
Denyne Designs
Wow really big window. Have you looked at the either the Hunter Douglas Luminette privacy sheers or the Silhouette window shades? They can be pulled completely open or when closed still allow you to see the view. Any other kind of "traditional" window treatment would be too heavy for this room.
0 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 5:43AM
Whispar Design
You mentioned you don't want to block the view but do you need privacy or light control?
0 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 7:30AM
Creative Innovations & Designs Inc
Have you looked at roller shades? You can get them in various light penetration-3%,5%,10%,20%. THe great thing about them is that you get a full outside while protecting your flooring and furniture form UV rays that fade the colours. On the flip side, if you are outside looking in, you cannot see in at all. Even standing right at the window, there is no view to the exterior. Here is a link to look at them http://www.selectblindscanada.ca/sheerweave-solar-shades/14-sheerweave-premium-solar-roller.html Here is a picture at our house. Our home is modern with very large windows. We wanted to still let the light in and see outside, but still get some privacy and block UV rays. THis is a 5%. If you go higher, you'll increase the view and the light filtering through.
0 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 8:00AM
tsdish
Yes, will definitely need some privacy and light control.
0 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 10:02AM
Liza Jane Interiors
Tsdish, hello and gorgeous room/view! I would hang stationary panels on either side of large windown, I would then hang a roman shade on the small window in the same fabric as the drapery panels. I would leave the door open. Good luck!
1 Like   September 27, 2013 at 10:05AM
Great house and view. No you do not want to cover. But you need a more finished look. Go panels on each end of window also small window. Extend rod to cover these few inches between big and small windows. Nothing on high one or French door. I would go 2 shades darker than walls. Fabric would reflect your style furn.
1 Like   September 27, 2013 at 10:12AM
Use black rod iron rods,to mirror the deck rails.
0 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 10:13AM
Jenny Youngblood
I would do stationary panels from the very top on each side of the large window (so starting up top near the arch) in a bold fabric, then romans made of a neutral linen or silk on the large window itself and the door, and the smaller window on the other side. Be prepared for sticker shock if you haven't ever done custom drapes before- but let me tell you this room is stunning!!--> wish I had it, and you will love the investment.
0 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 10:14AM
tsdish
Thank you for the great suggestions. This is what I was thinking but wasn't sure if I should take the panels for the big window higher.
0 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 10:27AM
tsdish
Liza, so you're saying to use one rod to go over both the big and small window?
0 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 10:30AM
tsdish
Sorry that last comment was for travisinteriors.
0 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 10:32AM
Liza Jane Interiors
Yes, I would use one rod for both windows and I would not use tie backs. I would have the panels come straight down.
1 Like   September 27, 2013 at 10:35AM
tsdish
Thank you so much for help. I will post a picture once it's completed.
0 Likes   September 27, 2013 at 10:40AM
Small living room
I have a very small living room (only 3 walls) that's...
Buyers remorse or OCD? New house, new stuff, no clue!
We just moved into our new custom home and I can't...
Which dining room table for my space?
Hi guys, I hope all is well. Was hoping for a little...
Which wall color to chose for rooms
Need claasy color suggestion for rooms..have immense...
Do you mind mirrors in the dining room?
[houzz=http://www.houzz.com/photos/1124199/Vintage-Nouveau-Home-eclectic-dining-room-los-angeles] This...