Indoor jungle
dhoy
I love plants. Where is the proper place to put them in a room without causing a distraction or jungle?
Pure Home
I love plants too!! Such a great question. From my experience, try to find foliages that are indigenous to the region, decide on the proper scale and check the care instructions. Some plants require minimal watering. Also, there are plants prefer shade and others that need direct sunlight.

Here's a tip: try to balance the room with a small and medium floral arrangements or plants throughout. Personally, I love placing plants in the living room near the conversational area.

I found this inspirational photo for you. Hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Michelle C., IIDA
Purehome.com

September 27, 2013 at 10:55am   
dhoy
Michelle, Thank you. I was wondering if there are any rules so as not to detract from focal points or guidelines to make your eye move smoothly throughout the room.
September 27, 2013 at 11:05am     
Pure Home
You are so welcome, dhoy! Absolutely, to create continuity perhaps have all the pots be in the same color family, but mix and match patterns, textures and solids. Or for a minimal look have all the pots be the same color, but different sizes. Most importantly, keep the side and coffee tables clear from clutter.

Do you have a focal point to your space? Perhaps design your space around your fireplace, picture window, etc.
September 27, 2013 at 11:28am   
Pure Home
Also, in the photo attached... notice the small scale floral arrangement in the center of the space and the taller [purple] floral arrangement is to opposite of the larger house plant to help balance the room, visually. Hope this was helpful!

Sincerely,

Michelle C., IIDA
Purehome.com
September 27, 2013 at 11:31am   
dhoy
Pure Home, I do have a fireplace as a focal and a buffet on the opposite wall as focal. I was told not to put plants in the corners as the eye will then go to the plants and not the focal points, so that's why I had my original question. Thanks for your help.
September 27, 2013 at 12:46pm   
Pure Home
Great, you have a fireplace! As this would be your anchor and certainly you can arrange plant[s] around this space. You're welcome, anytime!
September 27, 2013 at 1:24pm   
House listed- need opinions what else to do1!!!!
Pictures taken before finished- what else has to be...
Any suggestion to make this twin sister's bedroom look good?
They are 16y/o. But they don't know how to renovate...
Opinions on family room accent chair
Good evening everyone! Just wondering which chair...