Ceaserstone (Quartz) Island Table
Michael Miller
I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen and am looking for suggestions or an expert who can help me troubleshoot the installation process. My installer is concerned that they will not be able to make 45" cuts into the quartz, to avoid seems where the top and sides butt up. I've seen pictures all of the place where this has been done. Can anyone help me out? I am in Northern California and would be interested in an installers advice on how to proceed or someone to contact. Thank you!

This is the look I'm trying to duplicate

Walnut and White

White Laquer and Dark Oak Kitchen
Chroma Design
What you want is called a waterfall. It is created by a 45* cut as you thought. If your current installer can not execute this, then you need to find one who can. Ask for a reference where they have done this.
September 27, 2013 at 12:23PM   
ReSquare Architecture + Construction
Has your installer indicated *why* they have this concern?

Miter cuts are notoriously difficult in brittle materials like quartz. The sharp edge tends to chip. Quartz is composed of silica, so essentially a form of glass and chips very easily. That may be their concern, it's worth asking.
September 27, 2013 at 4:55PM   
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Color of kitchen hardware
I am finishing off my new kitchen and have a few questions...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Any suggestions for finishing my kitchen/living room
Hi all! I have been working on my kitchen for a while...