I'd really love opinions on how to "dress" this bay window?
jennrh
September 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This is my lovely kitchen window. We like clean lines and simple fabrics, but aren't afraid of color or a bold statement. There will be a large Island in front of the window, and (once we knock a small wall down) there will be a stone fireplace to it's right.
How can I simply cover it? Blinds? Sheers(ish)? Drapes? I have no idea what I'm doing! lol

THANK YOU so much, in advance,
~Jenni
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
jennrh
oh!! Paint hasn't been chosen or done!
September 28, 2013 at 7:09pm   
howellmsue
Jenni- that is a beautiful view! Does it need to be covered? Do you need window covering for privacy or to keep out light? If it were me and I didn't need to cover the window I wouldn't. :)
September 28, 2013 at 7:09pm        Thanked by jennrh
jjandhk
kiss--keep it simple sweetie ") I wouldn't want to detract from the beautiful view outside!
I would like simple woven blinds: white--to keep it light; and woven--to add some texture.
walls?....it would depend on your cabinets, flooring, counter, other rooms, and your favorite colours
September 28, 2013 at 7:13pm      Thanked by jennrh
Meghan
September 28, 2013 at 7:16pm        Thanked by jennrh
m3459
Woven wood blinds with cordless lift.
September 28, 2013 at 7:16pm      Thanked by jennrh
Meghan
What else is in the room??
September 28, 2013 at 7:17pm   
jennrh
Oh, I love you both! Thank you. Yes, it really is a lovely backyard! I agree fully with keeping it simple, but feel there needs to be something to both soften it up and provide a bit of privacy.
The trim will be a white, still working on the walls... theres a stone fireplace I'm trying to coordinate with... ANY suggestions of color would also be truly appreciated!!
September 28, 2013 at 7:18pm   
jennrh
Meghanalissa that's perfect. And thank you all for confirming that I don't "need" any type of drapes.
The wall to the right of the fireplace WILL BE REMOVED and it is what separates the bay window from the fireplace.
September 28, 2013 at 7:21pm   
jjandhk
I love the photo from meghanalissa--the high white wainscotting would keep the room bright; and the darker blue-gray above it would tie in perfectly with your fireplace.
September 28, 2013 at 7:26pm   
Meghan
Looks like I did find an inspirational room! Pinterest has clever wainscoting ideas too! Definitely worth looking into to make your project very affordable :)
September 28, 2013 at 7:33pm   
More Discussions
Looking for these pendant lights
Does anyone recognize these pendant lamps from the...
Height of range hood
We are putting a range hood over the cook top in the...
Colourful photo frames - yay or nay?
Black, white or silver are your standard photo frame...
Heart pine kitchen bar on island--stain and finish help needed
Hi, This is a beach house so think neutrals, lights,...
Entry table or not?
Would it be better to add a narrow console in this...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™