I'd really love opinions on how to "dress" this bay window?
jennrh
This is my lovely kitchen window. We like clean lines and simple fabrics, but aren't afraid of color or a bold statement. There will be a large Island in front of the window, and (once we knock a small wall down) there will be a stone fireplace to it's right.
How can I simply cover it? Blinds? Sheers(ish)? Drapes? I have no idea what I'm doing! lol

THANK YOU so much, in advance,
~Jenni
jennrh
oh!! Paint hasn't been chosen or done!
September 28, 2013 at 7:09pm   
howellmsue
Jenni- that is a beautiful view! Does it need to be covered? Do you need window covering for privacy or to keep out light? If it were me and I didn't need to cover the window I wouldn't. :)
September 28, 2013 at 7:09pm        Thanked by jennrh
jjandhk
kiss--keep it simple sweetie ") I wouldn't want to detract from the beautiful view outside!
I would like simple woven blinds: white--to keep it light; and woven--to add some texture.
walls?....it would depend on your cabinets, flooring, counter, other rooms, and your favorite colours
September 28, 2013 at 7:13pm      Thanked by jennrh
Meghan
September 28, 2013 at 7:16pm        Thanked by jennrh
m3459
Woven wood blinds with cordless lift.
September 28, 2013 at 7:16pm      Thanked by jennrh
Meghan
What else is in the room??
September 28, 2013 at 7:17pm   
jennrh
Oh, I love you both! Thank you. Yes, it really is a lovely backyard! I agree fully with keeping it simple, but feel there needs to be something to both soften it up and provide a bit of privacy.
The trim will be a white, still working on the walls... theres a stone fireplace I'm trying to coordinate with... ANY suggestions of color would also be truly appreciated!!
September 28, 2013 at 7:18pm   
jennrh
Meghanalissa that's perfect. And thank you all for confirming that I don't "need" any type of drapes.
The wall to the right of the fireplace WILL BE REMOVED and it is what separates the bay window from the fireplace.
September 28, 2013 at 7:21pm   
jjandhk
I love the photo from meghanalissa--the high white wainscotting would keep the room bright; and the darker blue-gray above it would tie in perfectly with your fireplace.
September 28, 2013 at 7:26pm   
Meghan
Looks like I did find an inspirational room! Pinterest has clever wainscoting ideas too! Definitely worth looking into to make your project very affordable :)
September 28, 2013 at 7:33pm   
Looking for these pendant lights
Does anyone recognize these pendant lamps from the...
Height of range hood
We are putting a range hood over the cook top in the...
Colourful photo frames - yay or nay?
Black, white or silver are your standard photo frame...
Heart pine kitchen bar on island--stain and finish help needed
Hi, This is a beach house so think neutrals, lights,...
Entry table or not?
Would it be better to add a narrow console in this...