Window/door Color and Question?
twoforlunch
We are remodeling our home in hopes of achieving the feel of a contemporary villa.

Eventually we will be changing out the windows to new black aluminum frames to work towards our ultimate goal.

The carpet will be a neutral gray/taupe color, walls have already been painted white. The white windows can either stay white or be painted to match the "espresso" door trim. Would you keep these window frame/moldings white, or Stain "espresso" really dark brown like the door trim in the bedrooms.

The doors themselves will be stained a driftwood medium gray.

Thank you for you help!
Liza Jane Interiors
I don't like the idea of the door being a different color than the trim around it. I would keep them the same and do the window trim the same as well.
September 30, 2013 at 12:20pm      Thanked by twoforlunch
twoforlunch
I am afraid the black doors would be too heavy handed. But I do know what you are talking about. We can always go darker but we will try to medium ash gray first and can always go darker. They are solid wood doors and we would like to show them off. Thank you.
September 30, 2013 at 10:17pm   
twoforlunch
I mean to say, the wood will show through better with a bit lighter stain, but as you mentioned we may need to go match the frames for consistency. Thank you again.
October 1, 2013 at 7:10am   
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Neon?
What type of lights can I use?
Back Splash on unusual wall
I don't know if I should continue the stone behind...
entryway
I have a dual staircase without enough room to put...
Tile issue
My bathroom is almost completely tiled, and I'm happy...