What color for my kitchen??
lynsibee
I have picked four Sherwin Williams paints out and not I need help deciding which to use in the kitchen. I attached and up close of our countertops and overall of our kitchen with my four choices.
JRH76
Your other pictures didn't come through.
   September 29, 2013 at 12:31PM
North Star.
   September 29, 2013 at 12:39PM
lynsibee
Thank you JRH76! Sorry about that.
   September 29, 2013 at 12:44PM
Amy Stanley
I like the uncertain gray!
   September 29, 2013 at 12:52PM
lynsibee
Here is the overall kitchen
   September 29, 2013 at 12:56PM
janeinfo
Just a quick comment. I have uncertain gray in my guest bedroom which faces west and everyone who walks into the room asks me what shade of "blue" it is. That said, I tried it on a northern facing room and it appeared "steel gray". I am telling you this because although it is a gorgeous color, it is a color that drastically changes depending on the light. Also, I have cream colored carpet and white trim in both the rooms mentioned above.
   September 29, 2013 at 1:18PM
lynsibee
Thank you Janeinfo! This will be in a room with mostly southern exposure. My husband and I kind of decided we'd rather it take on a blue color than beige or green which is why we chose it.
   September 29, 2013 at 1:22PM
claudsly
I agree North Star.....you want a light shade with the darker granite. The other shades have a blue cast. As janeinfo said grays show blue in certain light.
1 Like   September 29, 2013 at 1:28PM
drememon
Sea Salt definitely takes on green at certain times of the day in my guest room, which has windows south, north, and west. It's not really a grey to me.
1 Like   September 29, 2013 at 1:36PM
lynsibee
I guess I should clear up my paint choices. We have chosen the uncertain gray for most of the living/entry/dining area. The sea salt is a green/gray we are putting in the master and half bath. We haven't decided which color will be in our bedroom between the North Star and the trade room. So basically, we can use the uncertain gray in the kitchen as well as everywhere else or, we can chose one of the other 3. I was trying to change the "common area" up by putting a different color than the uncertain gray. Unless that is the one that looks best. We know colors change throughout the day but that is a given with any color you chose.
   September 29, 2013 at 1:46PM
claudsly
I just went thru the paint choice thing for the blue in our master bedroom. I found getting a poster board and painting it , then placing it on the wall in different light and areas really helped in my decision. I bought samples of the paint for 2.99 so it was not a big investment. I think your choice will be pretty obvious once you do that.
1 Like   September 29, 2013 at 1:55PM
lynsibee
Thank you for the tip claudsly! I will try that out. It is really hard for me to imagine the bedroom being anything but the dark red cave that it is right now.
   September 29, 2013 at 2:45PM
lynsibee
Here are the paint samples on the wall. Do you still think the uncertain gray is too dark? I wonder if the North Star is too close to white? Would that clash with my white trim?
   September 29, 2013 at 4:21PM
jleigh66
I like the second from the top (gray). Nice contrast-good luck!
   September 29, 2013 at 5:00PM
lynsibee
That is the uncertain gray. Is it terrible if I use that in every single room of the house?
   September 29, 2013 at 6:02PM
Jenny Louden
I think the "uncertain gray" would be too dark to use throughout the entire house. A dark house is cold and gloomy.
   September 29, 2013 at 6:30PM
indianpatti
I like the North Star ...
   September 29, 2013 at 6:35PM
lynsibee
Jlouden, my saying "every room" is a bit misleading. Our house is split level and the upstairs which consists of: living, entry, nook, dining, half bath and master suite is all we're painting. We definitely want to use a different color in the bathrooms and bedroom but I am having a hard time deciding. Which is why I said that. :) here is a photo of the living room where most of the grey will be. As you can see it's pretty open with a lot of southern exposure. ☺️ I still haven't decided on what to do with the red walls. To keep or not to keep. Decisions!
   September 29, 2013 at 6:38PM
joseejane
We used a Martha Stewart paint called sharky gray throughout a rental we have and it looks great with wood tones as well as black tones. Our renter, an art teacher, loves it.
   September 29, 2013 at 6:57PM
Remodeling our Basement...! I need ideas please
We are putting ARDESIA BLUE tile on our basement floor...
This house makes me cry. And not in a good way.
The exterior of this house is just not working for...
need help for florring
Renovating my house. need advice for florring. i should...
What do you guys think about this furniture arrangement?
I always wanted to add two spaces one for us to watch...
Are these cracks in my Quartzite???
Hi all. My wife and I are currently building our home...