Please Help!!! Need Help With Kitchen Colors
missladybug
We are purchasing a new home and I am looking for help with the kitchen. We will be switching out the white appliances with our stainless ones. I tend to like bright and lighter kitchens. The granite the previous owners put in is very blotchy and has flecks of metalic that are hard to see in the photos. The countertop also does not match very well with the flooring they put in. Currently they also have a single layer backsplash/border of a a greenish/bronze metallic tile, which we will be removing. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
angier
The counter tops look mostly white and black or smokey colored. I think I would paint the cabinets white and the walls a nice shade of gray.
2 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 5:06PM
angier
Great kitchen! Lots of counter space and storage!
0 Likes   Thanked by missladybug    September 29, 2013 at 5:07PM
missladybug
Thank you angier for your response! I was also thinking white might be good. Also, I forgot to add that the 3rd photo is a close up of a counter section and the 4th photo is of the flooring.
0 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 5:16PM
artemis1
Agree with angier. I like the granite, but it does not go with the cabinets. Is it Delicatus White granite? It would look good with white cabinets.
0 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 5:23PM
missladybug
artemis- I do not know the name of the granite but I would like to know. The previous owners put it in and it is not something I would have picked at all, it is too busy for me. I am also wondering what they were thinking because the granite does not go well with the cabinets or match the flooring. I am trying to figure out colors and backsplash that will neutralize it a bit and make it seem more cohesive. thank you for your input!
0 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 5:29PM
serena15123
i agree with the white cabinets for sure they really open a kitchen up and this is already a very large kitchen, by doing that the counter top and floors are very neutral so you could do a back splash or paint to either match or add some color to the kitchen!
0 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 5:33PM
missladybug
Thank you too, serena. I had been leaving towards white for the cabinets and you all making me feel better about that choice. What about wall colore? Any suggestions?
0 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 5:39PM
Cindy Quinton
You could go paint the cabinets white, go with stainless appliances, change the flooring to something else, and put in a backsplash that is a mix of glass and stainless like this:
2 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 5:45PM
Sustainable Dwellings
I would paint the cabinets a nice Ivory. Leave everything else as it is... the cabinets are from the "Golden Oak Age". It would look beautiful.
2 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 5:52PM
hly2002
Cindy - I like that tile - can you provide more info on it?
0 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 5:58PM
Natalie
Hi---interesting granite. I think dark cabinetry would showcase the granite better-either dark or medium. Floor should be changed, as it is just too much for the space. Wall color-light/medium in value. Good Luck!
0 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 6:11PM
missladybug
Thank you all! Yes, lovely golden oak everywhere. Ideally I would like to change out the tile floor but it runs into other rooms as well and given the amount of tile that isn't possible with our budget right now. We are going to need to make it work the best we can. Any more suggestions for wall color?
0 Likes   September 29, 2013 at 7:23PM
Need help choosing paint colors for my kitchen! Please help me!
I love the flooring we recently put down throughout...
nursen_99
need help with kitchen cabinet color......PLEASE HELP
Just bought this house and the kitchen was updated...
presley01
Need help choosing a paint color for kitchen - please help!
I am looking repaint my kitchen and keep the cabinetry,...
juliamalouin
Need help with choosing kitchen cabinet color and wall color. Please!
We just bought a cottage and I need some help with...
Cadman
Need help with colors in my kitchen!!! PLEASE
My kitchen is on hiatus for the moment. Unfortunately...
Erica Gonzalez
What color? Painting Cabinets
I have been wanting to paint the cabinets since buying...
jlc668
looking
looking for a ceiling chandlier to go over a ping pong...
zdc properties
Need Help with exterior paint color, gray metal roof
Not sure how to handle this- I just bought new home...
mistymoon
rredpenn
Need help for my kitchen...almond melamine and honey oak cupboards!
Hello, So I am finally getting around to doing something...
spitfirevc