Need help remodeling a guest room into master bath and closet!
jtstone
I will close off the existing door into the guest room and add one coming from the Den or soon to be master bedroom. I don't mind moving the plumbing. My problem is the 2 windows face the street and cannot be removed. I can't seem to fit a double vanity, enclosed toilet and a shower (I have given up on having a tub) along with a decent size closet to be shared by my husband and myself. I appreciate ANY suggestions!
OnePlan
If you add an enclosed wc with a small basin on the left - you have space for a good size shower next to it and a large vanity on the right - this still gives you a good size closet on the right ! The use of pocket doors will increase the usable floor space. :-)
October 2, 2013 at 12:40am      Thanked by jtstone
Either the vanities or the shower would need to be placed under the windows.

October 2, 2013 at 5:57am      Thanked by jtstone
jtstone
Thank you both for your comments. I am a huge fan of pocket doors! Oh no Dytecture, the thought of putting anything for the bathroom in front of those windows is driving me crazy! I know its kooky but the windows are on the front porch and maybe 20' from the street.i don't know if I would feel comfortable with any kind of windw covering! I would much rather put the closet on that end of the room even though I hate to lose the natural light.
October 2, 2013 at 9:57pm   
suzanne_m
Maybe, this is an option:
October 2, 2013 at 11:08pm   
Fred S
Hi
October 3, 2013 at 2:37am     
OnePlan
just realised that you are making this into a dressing room and ensuite ! sorry - I didn't read it properly before !!
why not have a bath freestanding infront if the windows (with shutters !) and then have fitted cupboards around the test of the room ?!
October 3, 2013 at 4:31am     
jtstone
Suzanne_M and Fred, I love both of your ideas! I had not thought of having 2 separate doors from the bedroom, all of my ideas have a door connecting the bath and closet together which is taking away valuable wall space. Thank you both!
October 3, 2013 at 6:23am   
jtstone
OnePlan,
I think you are right, I have to get over my issue with the windows! I appreciate your comments!
October 3, 2013 at 6:25am     
suzanne_m
How close from the wall are the 2 bottom windows in your guest bedroom?

If you were to have a door connecting the bathroom with the closet, would you rather enter in the closet to get to the bathroom or would you prefer to enter in the bathroom to get to the closet?
October 3, 2013 at 8:25am   
suzanne_m
Another option with doors that connect bedroom, bathroom and closet. Because of the proximity of the shower with the closet, I recommend that you keep the door between the closet and bathroom closed when not in use and ensure you have good ventilation in the bathroom.
October 3, 2013 at 9:44am      Thanked by jtstone
jtstone
18" from the wall to the window on the left and 15 on the right. I think I would prefer to enter through the bathroom rather than the closet
October 3, 2013 at 9:59am   
suzanne_m
I removed the door between bedroom and closet, move the windows to 18 in. and 15 in. and add a linen cabinet 16 in. deep.
October 3, 2013 at 10:09am     
suzanne_m
jtstone, unless you prefer to have more wall space in your bedroom, I would recommend that you go with the 3 doors instead of 2 if it does not reduce the amount of closet space. The reason for this is, sometimes you need to go to the closet without having to shower, for example you can go and change a pair of shoes etc.
October 3, 2013 at 6:03pm   
jtstone
Yes, I agree suzanne_m, I had already thought I must have the bath and closet connected as well even though I lose a bit of space for the door. I just love hearing other people's ideas. Thanks again!
October 3, 2013 at 7:12pm   
jtstone
Any advice on how we could flip the last suggested layout and put the windows in the closet?
October 8, 2013 at 7:00am   
jtstone
This is my latest idea with the closet on the window side of the room. Also, I put a tub in with a shelf connecting it to the shower, this may not be feasible for fixtures, etc.
October 8, 2013 at 7:27am   
suzanne_m
This is 2 other options:

The first one includes a tub but personally I find tings a bit tight. Also, I would have liked to put a sliding door between bathroom and closet but because you need to fix the closet on the wall with screws you can't have a pocket door on that wall. The screws prevent the door to slide inside the wall.

The second one has no tub but it is more spacious.
October 8, 2013 at 9:47pm     
suzanne_m
Oops, the second option has a 8'-6" vanity as well.
October 8, 2013 at 9:48pm   
suzanne_m
Sorry, I just realized that you can have a more spacious toilet area too in option 2.
October 8, 2013 at 9:52pm     
Fred S
Hi. Just playing with something different.
October 8, 2013 at 10:34pm     
Need help designing master bath/closet remodel
We have about a 12 x13 sq ft area to use for a master...
A sm. master bath and a med. size guest bath that need remodel
The walls need retexturing, the floors replaced, the...
Need help with bath, closet, laundry/mud room remodel!
Any ideas/suggestions are welcome! In order to address...
We want to remodel our master bath and the laudry room needs help too!
I'm in the military and bought our house shortly after...
need help on my tile height in guest bath/main bath and master bath
We are building our house and got estimates on tile...
Need Wall Lighting Suggestions for Kitchen
We have just moved into a new house and I am trying...
Granite and backsplash
I'm redoing the kitchen in my newly purchased summer...
you can see my kitchen from the front door,
The exterior of the house is all siding and the floorplan...
Napa Valley Fixer Upper
We're planning to remodel a house in Napa Valley in...
A new appartment
Attach is my new apartment design i have made certain...