Need help with my bedroom wooden shutters
denfos
Hi everyone,
I have bedroom shutters that I would like to put a darker color, either paint or dye. They are made of pine wood. I need some sort of a paint or dye that would not stop the flaps in the shutter from opening. Any idea what I could use?
cfollowell
The shutters should have been installed inside the window casement, not outside. Also they are too short for your windows. They should cover at least half the window. I vote for replacing them with properly sized white shutters or a different treatment all together.
September 30, 2013 at 4:55AM     
giaksch
I agree. I wouldn't spend a dollar on them. I'd remove them and find a different window treatment you love-that fits
September 30, 2013 at 4:58AM     
JRH76
I have to agree with cfollowell. I would remove them completely and get white wood blinds or a roman shade.
September 30, 2013 at 5:00AM   
Value Blinds and Shutters
Shutters are great, but these look like they were not make to fit the window. A new custom shutter stain darker would be a better investment. A roman shade would soften and give you a new look. A silhouette would also be a great voice,if you want a open look.
September 30, 2013 at 5:48AM   
elklaker
If you want to reuse them, take off all of the hardware and screw them together for a cute headboard. Reuse, reduce, recycle!
September 30, 2013 at 6:14AM     
apple_pie_order
Shutters are most easily painted with spray paint. You will need several cans of good quality paint. Open and close each shutter as your paint dries. Remove all hinges first, and do this outside where the overspray can be contained.
September 30, 2013 at 6:21AM   
Sorry, but they are dated, mal-fitting and inappropriate for a bedroom. How about putting them in a kitchen window, and starting over here? The shade alone would look better.
September 30, 2013 at 6:24AM   
denfos
Thankin you for your help and comments. I guess they are dated. But since my bedroom is facing the street I need to put something on the bottom of the windows during the daytime. At night I use the blinds but in the daystime I like the sunshine coming in and a bit of the view. Will go into the sotres and see different kind of shutters! Thanks again.
September 30, 2013 at 9:44AM   
leelee
Shutters aren't dated in general but yours are as others have mentioned. Wood blinds might solve your problem. You can close them at night or open slats during the day to see out and let light in. They're far less expensive than wood shutters. Get white. Then you can remove the shade.
September 30, 2013 at 10:06AM   
Top down/bottom up shades plus a simple top treatment would solve your problem.

October 1, 2013 at 7:42AM   
Need help picking wooden shutters for my home !
I am having a hard time picking the style of shutters....
need help on my wooden window frames
my wooden frames were installed without any treating,...
need help for my landscape new wooden deck
please help me. I am looking for similiar deck for...
Need help with my wooden dining set table
I want my dining table yo be look elegant or modern...
New wall and trim paint help
2 years ago we repainted our kitchen/keeping room a...
What Length should my Cornice Be?
My nursery window is 70.5 by 58.5, and I want full...
Need ur value able suggestion
Need ur help fr my apartment ... Read the 1st pic plzzz.......
Help me finish decorating my dining room!!
I have already purchased table and 2 chairs along with...