Color? Please help me pick out exterior paint colors...
iammchelle
Need to sell this house, must have some curb appeal. Any advice on paint colors appreciated. It does get mossy on one side so something that will help camouflage that would be great.
jonice60620
What about a bright white with black shutters and a bright red door, add a house number and a cute mail box and flowers for curb appeal.
September 30, 2013 at 10:25AM        Thanked by iammchelle
m3459
Mossy gray-green, black shutters, bright red door.
September 30, 2013 at 10:39AM      Thanked by iammchelle
Maguire
What a pretty farmhouse. Great swing. I'd take the shutters off, paint the awning and go with a traditional white, a gray door (I'm a purist). While you're up there don't forget to clean your roof, the debris and discoloration will be more noticeable when your home has fresh paint.
Concord Green Home
Ridgeside Vineyard Farmhouse
Here's a reinvented farmhouse in a more non traditional color:
Farmhouse Reinterpreted
Bryant Gold #HC-7 from Benjamin Moore
Home Depot Behr Flat "chopped dill."
New Old Farmhouse
September 30, 2013 at 10:42AM        Thanked by iammchelle
happyleg
Yes paint the awning. Add a door mat.
February 16, 2014 at 5:30PM   
happyleg
Paint the chiminy, char. grey. It appears to have a crack line.
February 16, 2014 at 5:33PM   
jsaikali
Mustard yellow
February 16, 2014 at 6:34PM     
Before you paint, power wash everything and see the difference it makes. Use bleach to help get rid of moss and stains it leaves. If the roof is just dirty and not old, you may be able to wash it too. Landscaping may be all you need to do.
February 16, 2014 at 6:42PM     
If you are looking to give it curb appeal for sale, a soft,classic blue gray on siding and mid-tone straight gray on the brick chimney . Test bm pikes peak gray - the white trim and black shutters will provide contrast http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/pikespeakgray for siding and bm smoke gray for all the brick wherever you find it . .
February 16, 2014 at 7:05PM   
angelaroja
Pressure wash, top to bottom first. I would go with white with black shutters and definitely keep the shutters it weights the space of the home. Get rid of the awning, it dates the home. This house is super cute and will show great once it has a crisp paint job. Red is a color that attracts buyers with this color scheme. I would put some chunky numbers black or steel right where you currently have them. Underneath that I would place a higher potted plant to weight the porch and hold the space. Pressure wash the sidewalks as well. Your plants are lovely already and will pop with your new paint job. Almost forgot, YES to painting the chimney white as well. Good luck on selling your home! Take care!
February 16, 2014 at 7:26PM     
Lou
I actually think (from this photo and colour on my computer screen) the path and mulch on the garden is making the house look drab. Once you've followed the advice of others here on cleaning the actual house, if the colour still looks a bit dull, I'd suggest painting the path in a mid-grey (or a contrast like a brick red colour), and then changing the mulch in the garden to either something dark if you're planning on using bark, or light straw. Even better, you could add a pebble mulch in light greys. If this does the job, you may not need to paint the actual house. Give the front door a makeover though and add some oversized numbers in the same colour.
April 24, 2014 at 12:32AM      Thanked by iammchelle
Please help me pick out paint color for kitchen!
Any recommendations on what color I should paint my...
Help me pick exterior paint colors please
Built in 1974, the dark brown paint must go! The house...
Need help picking out the exterior paint color! 1970's house
I can't decide what color to paint the exterior of...
Please help me pick out countertop color
I'm remodeling my kitchen and I am almost done. I just...
What color should I be?
I found this free Armoire and I am considering painting...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
Country french interior doors
Do I paint doors or stain them? Wood work will be...
Quick color question
The painter is coming Thursday or Friday to paint our...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...