Help with wasted space please. Need ideas
lovegodfamilylife
This room has a very high ceiling and is pointed on the two walls across from each other, one being the wall with the fireplace. There is a lot of unused space that is behind the couch.
Lauren Elyse Fine Art, LLC.
If you open up the space in front of the fire place by backing up the couch and making the hearth the center of the room it will use up that space without being made to feel like it was just filled in because it was there
September 30, 2013 at 4:59pm     
Creative Innovations & Designs Inc
I agree. I would centre the fireplace in the room as the focal point by pulling the couch back. I would two couches across from one another and a coffee table in the middle and maybe a couple arm chairs or an ottoman. I can see why you have it this way though as it looks as though this may be your main TV room. The tv is difficult to place if we try and balance the room.
September 30, 2013 at 5:23pm     
Christine
More pictures would be helpful. How many are in your family? I am thinking a huge u-shaped sectional (not too deep a "U"). Facing the FP and then mount the TV above the mantle. If you back the sofa back enough you won't get a neck ache from looking up. Tear out the rug and put down hardwood and an appropriately sized area rug and then maybe you can just accessorize the walls on either side of the FP. If you still have room left then you can go about making smaller seating areas. I would also add tons of lamps to create mood zones in the room since the ceiling is so tall. See if you can repurpose that leather sofa and those metal tables. This room can be smashing with just a bit of tweeking. Good luck.
September 30, 2013 at 5:38pm     
lovegodfamilylife
Thank you for your suggestions! I have 3 kids and could use some more seating in this room. I will have to play around with all the suggestions. Definitely would like hard wood flooring with a large rug. Do you have any suggestions for repurposing the couch and end tables.
October 7, 2013 at 8:44pm   
Melissa
I would fill the fireplace wall with closed cabinets across the bottom and bookshelves above with tv space on the right making the whole wall with the fireplace functional for entertainment and storage. Pull the couches back use them to flank the fireplace wall. Add in some comfy chairs and end tables to increase seating.
October 7, 2013 at 10:40pm   
LB Interiors
I would place the TV, flat against the left wall next to the fireplace. That is your focal wall. I would place the sofa opposite and facing the fireplace. One chair on the left of sofa and one chair on the right of the sofa. Both chairs angled to the fireplace. Bean bag chairs are great for th children. A storage ottoman for a coffee table. A large trunk somewhere for toys.
October 7, 2013 at 11:40pm   
Need ideas for wasted side yard space!
Struggling to come up with game plan for this wasted...
Turning wasted space/room into mud room? Please help?!
Hey y'all.... hubby & I are embarking on our gajillionith...
Hey y'all.... the hubby & I are about to embark a new...
Need help with this wasted space in my living room
This is a bookshelf in our living room bit it is really...
Any design flaws? Wasted space? Kitchen needs help.
Going for rustic appearance. Front entry porch will...
Front door painted black - brush strokes are too heavy
Wood front door was painted black 2 days ago and the...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Help! What to do with empty spots!!
At the advice of you sweet Houzzers, I ditched my tall...
Quick help
How can I fix this eye sore corner of our yard by tomorrow?...
what would you suggest for this kitchen !! :)
Would you tear out the left side pantry or paint? ...