do not like swag and hook on new chandelier!! need ideas
willfl33455
I recently purchased a new chandelier for my updated kitchen. Due to the kitchen size changing, I had to move the location. They said something about a swag. I did not understand what this meant. I do not after seeing the installation. It just seems abnormal to me. I guess the trick to moving the light is replacing the hole and putting knockdown on where the hole was. Any ideas??
LBC Lighting
Swaging is a flexible way to hang the fixture directly over the table regardless of the ceiling junction box location. An electrician could relocate the junction box if you don't like to see the hook and additional chain of the swag.
0 Likes   September 30, 2013 at 4:38PM
willfl33455
Thank you for the suggestion. Another installer recommended using a celing fan box to hold the light. He said there should be enough wire to connect to the current junction. He said the challenge would be to replace the hole of the original fixture. I guess it is no easy task to fill the hole and apply knockdown to mix in with the rest of the cieling.
0 Likes   September 30, 2013 at 4:55PM
Suzanne Powers
The swag is stretched and looks too short, if there was more chain giving more swag it would be more dramatic and attractive. You may want to try that first to see how you like it.
0 Likes   September 30, 2013 at 5:04PM
Genevieve
you already have a bit of a swag going on but I noticed that your ceiling is on a slope and the swag is not looking best where it is ,so to solve this you could go to the highest point of the ceiling and install the light fixture there ,then it depends where your table can be moved and if you have enough room for it, the photo doesn't really give a full view of the room,if you could post a better picture of the room ,perhaps I could help you some way .

here is what I had in mind

Pool House & Wine Cellar

or you could have something like these installed on both sides

Contemporary Pro Track® 200 Watt 4 Light Swing Arm Fixture
0 Likes   September 30, 2013 at 5:32PM
Need help to fill this empty space!
I need to fill this space as it just seems too empty...
Problems with your spouse?
Do you have challenges with your spouse when you're...
Need Help: Raised Panel vs Shaker for White Kitchen Cabinet
I need to choose between Shaker vs Raised panell Styles...
Kitchen back splash help
I am adding a back splash and not sure which to choose....
Alternatives to bifold door for new bathroom?
We just moved into our new co-op apartment. Our bathroom...