carpet and hardwood floors in the same space
nancywanta
My friend has an area in her home that's a bit perplexing. As you walk in her front door, she has an open concept. The family room is right in front as you open the door. To the left is a long area where she has a couple of seating areas and the far wall is for dining room. Currently, she has carpet throughout and is having hardwood put in the kitchen. She's thinking of extending the hardwood into the dining room area only. She's afraid it will look chopped up and is thinking of replacing carpeting throughout. She's dead set on keeping carpeting in the family room. Will the space looked chopped or will it define the dining area?
I would put hardwood in the dining room, that’s for sure. I have had hardwood in my last 3 homes in the kitchen and find that it works great. Just be sure it is hard wood and not a laminate….otherwise hardwood in the dining room and one of the great new porcelains in the kitchen.
0 Likes   October 1, 2013 at 2:38PM
Interior Archaeology
Do you have any photos? Best would be to do hardwood throughout with a very large neutral area rug in the family room. An inexpensive shag would work just fine if cost an issue. But even is she keeps the wall-to-wall in the family room, she would be best served by extending the hardwood into the dining room.
0 Likes   October 1, 2013 at 2:43PM
Dilemmas without end.
Not exactly a design question, but is there a competition...
flopsycat1
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc
Need a tie-breaker on this bathroom vanity
Any opinions? (excuse the horrible quick Photoshop...
R K
What kind of rug is this?
I'm obsessed with this rug. Can anyone identify the...
gigi4321
Best Homemade Gift?
As more people try to simplify their holiday giving...