lslotsve
December 11, 2011 in Photo Questions
we are looking to build a similar space, can you tell me what the dimensions are and countertop depths. I am particularly interested in the amount of floor space as this is exactly what I am looking for. Very beautiful work. Thank you
Artisan Kitchens LLC
Because this is in a fairly narrow walkway between the formal dining room and the kitchen (the aisle is only about 3 feet wide), the base cabinets are made at 21" deep, but they are still kitchen height, finishing at 36".

The area used to be an old butler's pantry with small, low countertops that were fairly useless. Now the homeowners use the space all the time for entertaining - we added the bar sink and they set up all the liquor and hors d'oeuvres here and use it as a serving station. The dark area on the bottom left is a wine refrigerator, the cabinets there are standard depth (24") to accommodate the appliance.

Please note that due to the shallow cabinets, the faucet is offset - placed on an angle to the side of the sink instead of in the back.

Thank you for the compliments and best of luck with your project!
December 11, 2011 at 6:19pm   
lslotsve
Amy, Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I am looking to build a butler pantry/service area that would only have a 3 foot wide opening and 18-20 inch cabinets with the exception of the bottom left also (which will hold fridge drawers for me) this is perfect! I think it looks amazing (nice work) and is functional even though small. Thanks so much again!
December 12, 2011 at 8:28am   
Speakeasy Door..want to find a reasonably priced one.
My husband and I would like a speakeasy front door...
Ugly, cheap, honey colored oak trim: What should I do?
House built 1999, we moved into it new, but was a speck...
Describe British style in one word!
I've got a challenge for you! In just one word (or...
Can an Ugly, Boring Split Level Look Mid Century Modern???
Just purchased this split level NY home. I'm seeking...
Should girls have less pink in their bedrooms/lives?
I am trying to decide whether to paint my young daughter's...