Need help decorating with cherry/red wood accents
kimwoods05
October 2, 2013
I just rented out a space for my newborn photography studio. I can paint the walls (except the brick) and I need to pick a color for new wood flooring. This trim color is killing me, though. My logo is black and white and my brand is simple, vintage, classic. It needs to be inviting for clients, too. I don't know how to make it not too country or too boring. I thought about doing a pop of color but have no idea which wall(s) it should be on.

HELP!!!!
anitanazar
Can you not paint out the cabinets, doors, and trim? If you could I would paint them black - along with white walls you will have your black and white colour scheme to match your logo.
    Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 7:23PM
anitanazar
And for the hardwood flooring a really dark colour would work well, like the one in this pic...

Bookmark   Thanked by kimwoods05    October 2, 2013 at 7:25PM
kimwoods05
No can't paint the trim or doors or cabinets. If I could I wouldn't have a problem. The baseboard can be changed, though.
    Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 7:26PM
The cabinets and trim look pretty much the same color. I think I would follow through with the floor in that color as well. I would paint the baseboards the same color as the wall or make them the same as the trim on the doors. Keeping things easy on the eye and flowing to not fight with the photography setting. I also would put up some wooden pallet type rafters suspended slightly over the ceiling panels to mask the ugly panels and yet they would let the light shine through. I think I would paint the walls grey. Silver accents.
    Bookmark   Thanked by kimwoods05    October 2, 2013 at 7:35PM
kimwoods05
That's an option I was fussing with--trying to match the floor with the cabinets and molding but I didn't know if it would be too matchy-matchy or (worse) "hey you tried way too hard to match 3 different red woods and it's obvious."
    Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 7:59PM
Does the flooring have to be wood?
    Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 8:04PM
kimwoods05
Preferably of the wood variety. My light stands have wheels. My floordrops are basically just paper but I can glue them to plywood if need be.
    Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 8:06PM
kimwoods05
Also, can't afford to pay for pro installation so it has to be laminate.
    Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 8:07PM
Choose a floor that matches the existing wood. I would choose a warm neutral for the wall color, though if you're shooting photos here, shouldn't that determine the colors you choose?

I am most disturbed by the suspended ceiling, but I think trying to disguise it will call more attention to it. Would it be possible to take it out? Or just remove the panels (store them someplace) and leave the grid? Of course, there's no telling what the real ceiling looks like underneath. But it might be worth taking a look.
    Bookmark   Thanked by kimwoods05    October 2, 2013 at 8:19PM
kimwoods05
For the most part I plan on the ceiling lights to be off. The space doesn't get a whole lot of natural light so with just floor lamps I think the ceiling will be less noticeable. There was a huge spider issue when I first moved in so I'm kinda scared to look in the ceiling.

I use seamless papers, blankets and paper floordrops with wood patterns for my portraits, so the actual space is really only for client appeal.

I love that floor, grover!
    Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 8:39PM
Amature Decorator!!! NEED HELP!!!
I am having a new home built and I have no idea where...
sbillips
my daugther is obssessed with red and black..i am in need of decor help
my 13 year old loves black and red...we are about to...
Tracy Bernard
Need help decorating our new bedroom!
Love this color I painted our new bedroom just not...
flip12 000
Need color/decoration help
I've attached a picture of my living area. I am in...
kasha619
Need help warming up trapezoid windows and decor in living room.
We have a wall of windows in the living room of a newly...
paape
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
stryker
Need help with my kitchen
I recently refinished my cabinets in my kitchen from...
Katie Carson
Choosing Living Room Carpet
I am purchasing wall to wall carpet for my great room...
Maria
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
toatsmcgoats
Bookcases! What to do??
What color should I paint the bookcases? I am painting...
aiharris