Wallpaper
kay9295
What is the easiest way to remove wall paper and what do I need to do so I can paint where the wall paper was??
kadodi
It depends on the wallpaper. One home we lived I had an accent wall of wallpaper. I had that down in 5 minutes. Usually it hasn't been that easy. Start by looking at the seams for loose areas. Then start tearing. The second best kind is where you can pull the top layer off and you are left with the inside and paste. You get it wet or steam it and start scraping. If the top layer doesn't peel off, you have to score it.
October 3, 2013 at 3:19am   
rolam1
Everything kadodi said, plus use fabric softener in the warm water as well. Then, depending on the condition of the sheet rock under, you can prime with an oil based primer then skim coat the walls, several light layers. I am having this done to an entire house!!!:) the old owner father in law owned a wall paper store!!!!!!! The horror!!!
October 3, 2013 at 3:40am