Not sure how to angle to brick on this fireplace we plan to duplicate
Bonnie Craig
I would like to know, based on the staircase and angle of the ceiling in our existing living room which way the angle should be on the brick of the fireplace we are going to TRY and duplicate. The attached images are of what we have and then what we are hoping to recreate. Im not sure which way the decending brick should go, on the right or left side? Thanks very much
Brenda
I think I would do opposite what's in the inspiration photo, and match the angle of your vaulted ceiling.

That's going to be quite a dramatic change to your space.
1 Like   Thanked by Bonnie Craig    October 3, 2013 at 9:26AM
Bonnie Craig
Thank you for the comment. I know it will be a big change but the wall as it is now is very boring. We can't copy it exactly but are hoping to use thinner brick and thinner boards so that it looks similar...
1 Like   October 3, 2013 at 11:27AM
Hudson Street Design
I agree with Brenda.
0 Likes   October 3, 2013 at 11:31AM
Angle the way the ceiling goes. Love the insp pic. Great looking firepl. Very different. Good luck. It will look great.
0 Likes   October 3, 2013 at 11:32AM
I hope you are planning to paint. A warm color would help. In the future. Don't buy matchy sets. Hard to work with. Add color and different lighter wood to your room.
1 Like   October 3, 2013 at 11:34AM
No small items on wall like clock. Use only big art and bolder colors, area rug should be a color. Note in pic how they draped throw over back, to bring texture and interest into a boring back of sofa. Take clues from whole room not just the great fireplace. Note there lighting. The one thing people forget. Lighting can make or break a room. On firepl they used big stones and beams. Think scale, you have very high ceilings. Must use very large items, or will not look right.
1 Like   Thanked by Bonnie Craig    October 3, 2013 at 11:39AM
I would not put TV on firepl after you redo. Instead put on media to left. Re arrange furn to view. Get bigger area rug 9x12 to adjust for that.
0 Likes   October 3, 2013 at 11:42AM
Bonnie Craig
Thank you very much. The furniture is not ours as it was a picture of the staging process of the house. I just havent put in an updated one yet. Thank you for your comment and I aggree. We have a larger rug already and the furniture is very similar to the inspiration photo!
I will repost an AFTER photo with our furniture and new fireplace! I hope this works out!
1 Like   October 3, 2013 at 11:47AM
Brenda
best of luck to you.
0 Likes   October 3, 2013 at 11:53AM
Need help with gas stove
I wanted to install the Rais Gabo Gas II which I understand...
Help with small kitchen
Any suggestions? Need cooktop, oven, refrigerator,...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Split-level 1981 house exterior
We just purchased our new home and the outside is worse...
Recommendations for cottage carpeting
Trying to find a good brand for our cottage ; carpeting...