Office plants & decor
jmbaker80
October 4, 2013
So as you can tell from the picture, my office is pretty bare. I was thinking about adding two plants on each side of desk and perhaps some sort of horizontal artwork above the desk. What size and type plants do you think would look best? And other thoughts on what would look good are welcome!
karemore55
Instead of the plants, how about a series of identical Ikea Ribba frames forming a grid up the sides and along the top of the desk? You could insert favourite photos converted to B&W, or buy card stocks that depict something meaningful to you.

Not sure what is on the one wall, but is there room for an upholstered bench, just to get some more texture in there? I love the wall color, btw - very serene!
1 Like    Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 4:46PM
Nicole Lee
i like the idea of the frames along the top of the desk, and maybe an overhanging lamp on the left?

here are some ideas!
On Golden Pond

Perfectly Suited
    Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 4:54PM
colemaher
Love the space, definitely looks like a nice calm place to get some work done.

I think some art along the top of equal size would look great next to some tall plants on either side, or even some dramatic vases.

2012 St Margaret's Guild Decorator Show House - The Apartment

Tara Benet Design
    Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 4:56PM
How about two matching floor lamps on each side of the desk?

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 5:07PM
pcmom1
I see a floor vent on the right! I would only put a plant on the floor to the left of the desk. I have a couple of plants that are very easy maintenance. Can't remember the name! I will try to find a picture and maybe that will help you.

Here it is! The tall one. Anyone know the name? PS: Mine is a lot smaller and would fit your space well.
    Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 5:15PM
BTW...if possible, I'd consider moving the desk to the other wall and have a credenza where your desk is for added storage and workspace. Then, a beautiful large canvas art above the credenza. That way, you won't have your back to both doors, and it would be a lovely piece to look at. :)
    Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 5:20PM
Jessica Rios
Flank the desk with framed art of certificates/degrees. Add tall plants under, need stuff on top. Also a lamp somewhere...
    Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 6:37PM
jmbaker80
Nice, thanks guys! Yeah, unfortunately the room doesn't leave many options since the entire right side has French doors leading into the dining room and the left has two big windows. There is a small space between the windows where I put a table with printer. I was hoping for something bulky like plants to cover up the vent on the right and the cords dropped across the floor on the right. And I have a 9 month old so unfortunately I need to find silk fake plants that hopefully look real enough to look nice. I do agree a lamp is needed. Thanks for the pics and suggestions! Any thoughts where I can get real looking silk plants?
    Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 12:05PM
pcmom1
Look into cord covers that stick to the wall, next to the base boards. Good for keeping away from little fingers!
1 Like    Bookmark   October 5, 2013 at 4:00PM
I need help in decorating my new office at work.
Sage walls, large window facing South with ledge (seasonal...
kemperchick
Office/home decor
Im currently sellin photographs of retro new york from...
louruiz626
Help Decorating Doctor's Office
A friend of mine recently got his own office and asked...
clarify123
Need help for my Office decoration
Office decoration requirements Comprehensive office:...
baiz006
Home Office - how to decorate with this desk
I bought this adjustable desk for my home office but...
elwoodci
Recreate painted Art Deco credenza
We are trying recreate this credenza. Any recommendations...
seattlesutton
Need feedback for kitchen design
Hello - I'm getting ready have my original 1949 kitchen...
mizzrizz
HELP ME - I MADE A BIG OVERSIGHT IN SHOWER DESIGN! AGH.
Okay, I know it's minor and there are much worse things...
Sherry
What colour goes with black and cream (off white)?
I need a modern colour that can go with black furniture,...
myperfectadvice
does anyone think this backsplash will work?
thinking of installing Avenue Mosaic Weave Jacquard...
kathleen