My condo is modern but I want it to be rustic
Fraida Saxe
I just bought a condo/loft and the floors are dark brown, white walls, and kitchen is marble. In other words Modern! I want to make it like Restoration Hardware style, rustic. Help! Please see link below for pictures. What do you suggest... any website you can recommend for ideas?
http://www.katiasamson.com/listings/apartment-4150-rue-st-ambroise-apt-401-le-sud-ouest-montreal-.html?NoMLS=MT10438670
chambers1589
If you're looking for ideas, it might be worthwhile to pick up the book Restoring a House in the City: A Guide to Renovating Townhouses, Brownstones, and Row Houses by Ingrid Abramovitch. The book contains spectacular photos of historically eyed renovations and, unlike many coffee table design texts, a number of homes that feature a rustic edge. In terms of sourcing, nothing beats craigslist, and for smaller items, ebay. There's a much wider variety of decorating items to choose from when you're not just buying new, beautiful items at that. Houzz is a good place for inspiration too! Have fun and good luck.
October 4, 2013 at 7:13PM   
Houzz would be a great website to gather photo ideas for your new condo. Although the furniture in the real estate photos are quite well done.
October 4, 2013 at 7:14PM   
Brenda
I think Restoration Hardware furnishings would look great in your industrial loft style condo -- not sure what your are worried about
October 4, 2013 at 7:22PM     
karemore55
Are you bringing your own furniture into the space? Because the obvious way to get the RH look is to buy at least a few pieces from them. If their furniture is out of your budget, you can find similar looking pieces elsewhere for less.
October 4, 2013 at 7:23PM   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Congrats on your new condo! It's actually near my house.....lol!! Restoration Hardware would be a great style for this condo.......this image is from their website. This dining table has somewhat traditional lines but its antiqued finish makes it very "chic rustic" and it's very unexpected. Also, these chairs make it much more rustic. I suggest slip-covered chairs at the end of the table and tufted chairs for the rest.
October 4, 2013 at 7:34PM   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
An oversized chandelier for the dining area would fill the space nicely.
October 4, 2013 at 7:35PM   
Since you want it to look like Restoration Hardware, the website I recommend is...wait for it...Restoration Hardware. When you look at their images, notice the details. It's easy to just buy the furniture, but it's the details that bring the room to life.

Antique louvered shutters, industrial lamp, weathered wood oars, extra tall bookcases, vintage maps, and everything monochromatic is the signature RH look.
October 4, 2013 at 8:21PM     
Fraida Saxe
Thanks everyone! I love RH but I can't buy all if my furniture there as much as I would love to simply because of budget. Any other recommendations?

Lydia you have awesome taste. Want to help me decorate??

My concern about my modern condo us that the floors are a dark moderny brown, walls are white and the kitchen counter tops are marble. I wanted to put a wooden kitchen table with cream chairs and a bench but I am worried it won't match. I am not sure if you were able to see floors in website.
October 5, 2013 at 1:27PM   
karemore55
You could start by painting your walls various shades from RH hugely popular Silver Sage collection. Don't worry about your floors being dark. In LR area, lay a lighter coloured rug with soft tones and pattern. Lots of RH look furniture out there - below items are all from World Market.
October 5, 2013 at 1:59PM   
karemore55
These ones are from Wisteria. Last one, I believe, is World Market again. You won't have a problem getting the look. RH doesn't have the market cornered here. If you are in a good-sized city, there should be an architectural salvage place (or two) where you could look for maybe an old corbel to mount on wall that opens to your kitchen. Or, you could buy the corbel from Home Depot and distress it to look old. You may find something else to suggest antiquity that won't break the bank.
October 5, 2013 at 2:03PM      Thanked by Fraida Saxe
Lydia (Kazza Design)
OMG!!!!! I would LOVE to help you design your condo!! The style you want is very achievable in this space. This design is somewhat neutral so I suggest buying a big ticket item first (like a couch) and then working towards colour and smaller furnishings. I really do live just about 10 minutes from your condo so I know alot of local stores. Please let me know what you think. I'm seriously open to helping you out! :)))
October 5, 2013 at 3:39PM        Thanked by Fraida Saxe
Fraida Saxe
Hi Lydia. Send me a message with your number. That's awesome :)
October 6, 2013 at 10:32AM   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
Hi Fraida.....that's really great!! You can contact me at kazzadesign@outlook.com. Looking forward to hearing from you. Happy rainy day in Montreal! :)))
October 6, 2013 at 1:27PM   
I want to gift to my son's condo
My sons condo has a great space in the main bath but...
I want to update my condo Master Bath
Bought a condo built in 1995 on the Chesapeake in MD...
I want to do something like this in my condo.
How did you end the drywall? It looks like some metal...
I want to renovate my kitchen to look more modern. What should I do?
I'm thinking black granite countertops and painting...
Bland Space
What in the world can I do with this space? I would...
Beige vinyl window interior frames frustration
Please help me reduce the intrusion of the beige vinyl...
Travertine vs Porcelain
Which one is less slippery and easier to clean? Please...
Exterior paint
I need help deciding on exterior colors for my house....
What Colour?
What to get away from this pinkish colour but no ideal...