Contemplating wood floors in new construction master bath
goatfarmer
We live on a working goat dairy farm. The house is in the finishing stage. As I decide about flooring I wonder about putting wood in our master bathroom. Does it hold up over time and will our radiate heat be effective? I think all tile : in the shower and around the tub and on the floor, is incongruent to a farmhouse. Feedback? Thanks
Brenda
I have wood floors in a powder room, but I would not do wood floors in a bathroom with tub/shower. It is just too wet an environment. Actually, I don't think I have ever seen wood floors in a bathroom.
October 4, 2013 at 8:15PM   
goatfarmer
It is a very warm lovely look. You should check out some photos. Think farmhouse, all floors were once wood. We will get wide plank.
October 4, 2013 at 8:18PM   
Linda
The only thing more fitting than tile might be the vinyl plank flooring...

Working farmhouses are just made for tile...that's really the most durable, easy-to-clean floor choice available. The only thing I could think of that might be more practical is stained and polished concrete
October 4, 2013 at 8:21PM     
goatfarmer
we have slate in our mudroom and tile in the powder/laundry room. This is our master bath. Big soaking tub and luxurious getaway. This is a spot far away from the creamery and goat world!
October 4, 2013 at 8:25PM   
catherinek708
There is tile out there now that actually looks like wood.
October 4, 2013 at 8:26PM   
I'd suggest porcelain tile planks that look like wood. http://www.qualityflooring4less.com/marazzi-american-heritage-spice-6.html
October 4, 2013 at 8:40PM   
Interior Archaeology
I think wood flooring is a great choice for your home - it keeps things completely consistent with your farmhouse aesthetic and being authentic has a great deal of value. One thought about wood flooring - think about staining and only waxing - not finishing with a polyurethane top coat. See photos - we've been installing this type of flooring recently in some of our authentic beach house and ranch houses projects with gorgeous livable results. No scratching! And they only require a damp mop with a few drops of vinegar or windex in the water - then re-wax every couple of years. Low maintenance with a "living finish". I think they would also work just fine in a bathroom! You can find out more about this kind of finish from Exquisite Surfaces (203) 866-9100
October 4, 2013 at 8:53PM        Thanked by goatfarmer
Need help with master bath look for new construction home
Hello everyone ! We like this Florim USA tile (grey)...
Master bath - new construction - vanity
We are building a farmhouse style home in CT. I am...
Cove Base Molding - Tile or Wood in new Master Bath???
We have gutted our master bathroom, removed the big...
New master bath reno chocolate brown floor - what color paint?
My newly renovated bath has chocolate brown floor tile...
Circle stains on my new quartzite!
Picture doesn't really do it justice but my new quartzite...
advice on glass patio doors
We are planning to place glass patio doors to an internal...
I need brutal honesty here!! I promise I can take it. :)
We're finally finishing our basement (yay!) and I decided...
I Need Help Designing My Bedroom
I'm a military child and we are buying a new house...
Need advise for living room
Hello there, Our living room is long and narrow. I...