Contemplating wood floors in new construction master bath
goatfarmer
October 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We live on a working goat dairy farm. The house is in the finishing stage. As I decide about flooring I wonder about putting wood in our master bathroom. Does it hold up over time and will our radiate heat be effective? I think all tile : in the shower and around the tub and on the floor, is incongruent to a farmhouse. Feedback? Thanks
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Brenda
I have wood floors in a powder room, but I would not do wood floors in a bathroom with tub/shower. It is just too wet an environment. Actually, I don't think I have ever seen wood floors in a bathroom.
October 4, 2013 at 8:15PM   
goatfarmer
It is a very warm lovely look. You should check out some photos. Think farmhouse, all floors were once wood. We will get wide plank.
October 4, 2013 at 8:18PM   
PRO
Linda
The only thing more fitting than tile might be the vinyl plank flooring...

Working farmhouses are just made for tile...that's really the most durable, easy-to-clean floor choice available. The only thing I could think of that might be more practical is stained and polished concrete
October 4, 2013 at 8:21PM     
goatfarmer
we have slate in our mudroom and tile in the powder/laundry room. This is our master bath. Big soaking tub and luxurious getaway. This is a spot far away from the creamery and goat world!
October 4, 2013 at 8:25PM   
catherinek708
There is tile out there now that actually looks like wood.
October 4, 2013 at 8:26PM   
Darzy
I'd suggest porcelain tile planks that look like wood. http://www.qualityflooring4less.com/marazzi-american-heritage-spice-6.html
October 4, 2013 at 8:40PM   
PRO
Interior Archaeology
I think wood flooring is a great choice for your home - it keeps things completely consistent with your farmhouse aesthetic and being authentic has a great deal of value. One thought about wood flooring - think about staining and only waxing - not finishing with a polyurethane top coat. See photos - we've been installing this type of flooring recently in some of our authentic beach house and ranch houses projects with gorgeous livable results. No scratching! And they only require a damp mop with a few drops of vinegar or windex in the water - then re-wax every couple of years. Low maintenance with a "living finish". I think they would also work just fine in a bathroom! You can find out more about this kind of finish from Exquisite Surfaces (203) 866-9100
October 4, 2013 at 8:53PM        Thanked by goatfarmer